What makes you feel better when you're upset?

Whenever I am upset, a new ballpen or journal notebook will cheer me up! :grin:… I do not know, but I really feel calm and comforted everytime I will receive or buy those stuffs. And a sundae plain vanilla flavor in Mcdonalds with a large fries can be a bonus. After that, I’ll thank the Lord, for lifting me up again through those things…Very weirdo! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Whenever I’m really upset or stressed, I just watch my favorite childhood movies because it calms me, it reminds me of the times from childhood wherein I don’t have to think about any of my problems :smile:. I also read some devotions and the section on the Bible to read certain verses about what I’m feeling.

Wait, is it weird that we both have the same thing in mind whenever we’re upset? Lol, 100% same!!

1 Like

I often do that too @iona090…but mostly I download some of the childhood bedtime stories like Cinderella, Snow white, beauty and the best etc.and then eat ice cream!:grin::grin::grin:

Lol! I really still do those stuffs @kianna… Everytime I feel upset, the first thing I do is go to the aisles in the grocery store where you will find pens and notebooks. Lately, I’ve been buying markers and bookmarks too! :rofl:

1 Like

For me when I feel sad I dance :slight_smile: turn up my favorite music and take a few minutes to dance around the house. I also like watching cute baby videos on YouTube they make me really laugh. Laughing releases endorphins, those brain chemicals that enhance the mood. :grin:

Hi ! @MakkaPakka
Definitely a good pint of dark chocolate ice cream, a large fries, and some fried chicken ! These are a total favorite and will make me feel a whole lot better. Thank God for the people who invented and discovered these food. Doing some exercise is good too ! So I do walking and just spending sometime alone listening to podcasts and musics is one way of making myself feel better when I get upset.

@Valerie: dancing is actually the last thing I’ll do after recovering from being upset :grin:…although sometimes if I am really mad, I use to watch fitness marshall in youtube and dance.

@Jedidiah: mine was plain vanilla ice cream and a cadbury chocolate too. If I am out for grocery, I used to listen to rock metal songs… and when I will get better, I go back to classic and Christian songs.

1 Like

Usually I do eat, don’t talk to anyone. Meditate and try to calm myself. I need to adjust more freely from those people who gave me headaches. I just let them do what they want as what can satisfied them. There are more problems on earth don’t have time to give attention to those who’s not deserving to be recognize.

@zayn22: Salute! You’re a one tough person. That should be the spirit though. How I wish I am tough like you, like having an attitude of “I really don’t care” about those stuffs and move forward.

Whenever, I am extremely upset, I first pray for guidance.

It calms me down and it reminds me that I have to always be positive. And then I listen to my favorite music both secular and spiritual music. Good music works wonders for me.

James 5:13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.

This is also what Paul and Silas did when they were in prison.

Acts 16:25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.

I don’t have a good singing voice so I just listen to songs and sing in my mind.

@yevillanueva: Indeed! Thanks for sharing your thoughts…I also do not have a good singing voice that is why I keep downloading praise and worship songs so I could listen to.:grin:

Same!! Lol, honestly I find it sooo therapeutic! :joy:

When im upset I used to listen podcast of preaching and listen Christian music it gives me chill and after that I look for some one can talk to me and talk about many things. like christian living about music and My upset is gone.

1 Like

Hi, @Paulo_Juamis! I have been urging myself to listen to podcasts lately. But, I do not know where to start. Any suggestions? God bless you!

Hi there @Paulo_Juamis! I’m glad with your tactics. I am into listening Christian music too as it helped me relax as well as feel calm. Keep safe!