What really is forgiveness?

What really is forgiveness ?
For me, forgiveness is one of the greatest gifts a person can give to another person. Just like how God forgave us, we should also forgive those who hurt us and caused us pain. Letting go, moving on, and just keep on loving.

Forgiving someone is hard to do especially when the pain is inevitable. Most of the time it would take weeks, months, or even years to forgive someone. The point is, in the end you have to heal yourself from the pain and forgive the person who cause it. Letting go is easy when you free up yourself from the burden of being in pain. As humans as we are, we easily get hurt and unable to forgive abruptly. By then, let’s let ourselves heal first so that we can forgive easily.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts. I hope the people who will read this will also get or give their forgiveness.

Forgiveness doesn’t necessarily mean that the person is not guilty of whatever they did to upset us. Forgiveness doesn’t mean forgetting. Rather, forgiveness means letting go of the pain the incident is causing us. We forgive to give ourselves peace of mind, and in hopes that one day someone will return the favor if we ever offend them.