What scares you the most about growing old?

What scares you the most about growing old?

The only thing that scares me about growing old is to live alone. Why? Here in Australia, they put their parents in an aged care and let someone take care of them. It scares me everytime I can think of it, knowing that I will be isolated with my grandchildren and loved ones.

For me, probably not living the life I wanted. As of now, I feel like I am busy doing things for other people’s sake. Busy fulfilling other people’s dreams, working hard to reach certain people’s standards. I am afraid that one day I may get too old to do the things I want for myself and it would all be too late.

For me I am afraid that I will grow old and wish that I had accomplished more than my 20s or 30s could possibly handle. That I would wish I had learned more, traveled more, dreamed more and succeed more and also wished I had spent more time giving back to the world, participating in charity events or just doing something to make a difference or leave my mark.

There is really nothing wrong about being a family centered kind of person, nor being a cheerful giver. But, it is more important that you make yourself a priority too. You might regret the things you didn’t enjoy, just to let others enjoy it. It may sound selfish again, but life isn’t about pleasing people. So have time with yourself @kianna and pamper everytime you have time.

1 Like

Hi there @Valerie! I also feel that before. I am scared that I cannot contribute anything to someone, nor to the needy people. When I started earning, I put it a habit to save for someone, I call it “charity savings”. I honestly didn’t give all my 10% tithes to the church, but I give it to different people. Like giving groceries to the elderly, giving slippers to indigenous people in our place, giving food to the hungry etc. It’s just so fulfilling to really help, especially if people could appreciate your effort without asking in return.

1 Like

Thank you @MakkaPakka

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka,
Speaking for myself, I don’t think my family would just leave me alone. But I really wouldn’t like to be a bother for them, be it for just being incapable of doing anything for myself or because they just don’t stand me. It would make me very sad. This is obviously based on my experiences with my own family.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.