What should be the approach of believers when artists who cross over to the secular music comes back to faith?

Today noon’s head line on the Christian post was rather an interesting article for me that spoke about Christian musicians/artists breaking the borders and performing secular music for secular audience.

I just wonder if there is hope for such artists as Christians.

While one may argue, God accepts all who repents, what does this process of betraying God (I couldn’t find a nicer word to the one who was saved and lead many to the Lord deserting him for selfish gains and entertaining the world) do to them mentally and emotionally. And how difficult can it be for these artists to repent and turn back to God.

Interestingly enough I found one of the artist came back to faith releasing new albums that was big hit among the Christian audience.

What kind of approach/attitude should the believers - as fellow believers - should have when some of these artists return to faith as their actions have high possibilities of influencing believers especially the budding artists?

After I finish reading your words, several bible verses come out. It is from Galatians 6:1-2 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

In God’s eyes and standards, everyone is sinner. No matter how popular a man is in people’s eyes, his sin couldn’t be hidden in God’s eyes. Most people are easily attracted and be influenced by appearance. Yet the standard of an inwardly Christian / reborn Christian will be related to eternal and close to nature.

I feel more peace and joy when I put more focus on God. When I put focus on myself more than God, I lose inside peace. Why did so many people do great things for God? It’s necessary to check the motivation. Is it for glorifying self or God?

We are not judge at the end. It’s hard for us to know the real heart of a person but God. No one has the right to judge another. If this person you know very well, it’s better for you to remind him/her with a praying heart.

Everything will disappear and be forgotten eventually. What we need is God Himself. We need Him every moment we have breathe. He will be with us.

1 Like

i think if the Christian can perform songs which can give people right power, it is good.
However, if they cannot, and proclaim dirty things, i do not agree with them.

I would pray for that person. That they go back to God wholeheartedly. And if not pray that they do not influence others negatively.