What to do if I do not like someone?

Hi ! @Kevin
I also have some people that I don’t like, and it’s okay. Disliking them is different from hating them . We are all different person, we cannot enforce to ourselves to like someone and act kind toward them. Not all people are likeable and not all people want to be liked. We have different perspective and different views about this matter. For me, the best way to go is just be honest, be honest but do not be harsh towards that person. Just be civil and as much as possible if you don’t want to be with that person or to even have a conversation with him/her then just avoid doing so. It’s for your peace of mind also. :grin:

I try not to say anything rude or hurtful. I understand them, I, too, have some people in my life that I do not much like. I just try my best to avoid any scene to happen. I would not inflict such hard actions on someone just because they are not to my liking.

I think its normal. There are people that we really do not like, ‘You can’t please everybody’ right? But you know… Personally, If I don’t like the person, I try to talk to him first. I believe that first impression doesn’t last depending on your efforts to get to the person. If I still don’t like him, I treat him casually or not talk to him at all.

If I don’t like the person…
Still I choose to be kind to them.
But if this person seems to be that God is leading her to my life.
I stopped for awhile… and asked God for any divine appointment for that person.
And honestly I will say to God that I don’t like or please I don’t want that person to become part of my circle of friends but still if it is His will, so BE IT.

Submitting and surrendering to GOD’s will, for HE has purpose if doing so.

One main principle I apply in my life is “To love the person in front of me”

1 Like

Hi Kevin. Just to share, I am in that exact position right now. I have been scammed by somebody close to me and I lost a lot financially. Even affecting the way of life of my family today. At first it resulted in bitterness and hatred, my heart was filled with anger. I did not know how to handle it, I was consumed by anger. Then made me realize that it was absolutely wrong. Now what I’m doing is that I am praying for that person during my quiet time. In short I am letting God handle my emotions, entrusting everything to Him, believing that He is more than what I feel inside. Thank you, hope this would help.

1 Like

@IamRichardJohn: We are in the same boat Sir but different story. I’ve been hated by my husband’s aunt because she didn’t understand my point of view when it comes to saving. She doesn’t want us to save for our future because she wants us to become a cheerful giver. She keeps posting annoying quotes with a hashtag #notosaving etc. Fast forward, I would be a liar if I say I totally forgive her right? Well as of this moment, I am in the process of healing my emotions and letting God to maneuver the situation. It just hurts me to be labeled “selfish” where in fact she doesn’t know I do participate in charity works.

1 Like

It is normal to not like someone because we all have our preferences and we may have bad experiences with certain people. Personally, I just try my very best to not engage with those people, mute them on social media. And most especially not try to create any fight between the two parties. I just try to focus my attention on those people who support and love me.

If you don’t like that person. Explain to her or to him. Im speaking in behalf of boys out there we know that if a girl has already have a feelings with us Technically we know that! . Sometimes we are just staying on that situation its either we are getting good benefits. Please dont do that it wont help that person you two are wasting time. God has a plan with that Girl so don’t make things more worse.
Anyways as per title of the song “There is no easy way to break somebody’s Heart”