• GWT
  • ISR
  • ISV
  • KJP
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

ESV for me

I love using the King James version because it was the Bible that was used at church when I was growing up and I just have this emotional connection to it. However, some newer versions are simpler and easier to understand so I do use them together with the King James Version

1 Like

I love using this version because of how it’s well simplified and have always used it since I was in high school. I have also used other versions but always find myself attached to it. At times can’t even explain why I fell in love with this version but has always been my favorite.

Wow, didnt know there were so many versions??

there are so many today. And we have to be really careful about the intentions of each version. I would say, always compare translations with the established translations. I understand that some versions make it palatable to the new generation but if bible teaching is concerned, always counter-check with other translations.

:sweat_smile:

I love the Voice version! It helps break down hard books like Job since it is written in like a play. It also reads well and is written in a poetic manner that draws warmth and inclusion in the way it speaks. I also use GNB as my alternate.

My daughter falls asleep with listening to the voice Bible every day

The Message Bible. This version from Eugene Peterson brings a clearer and more updated (language-wise) view of the Gospel.

I love this verse, because it resembles our God. Love.

Romans 5:7-8 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV

I’m gonna go with NIV,

THE NIV BIBLE TRANSLATION PROCESS
Every word choice, every update, every decision made in the New International Version is subject to a rigorous translation process, designed to protect the NIV from bias and to ensure the most accurate translation possible in today’s English.

NIV!! Hehe since I am new to the Bible, I really love this version because it helps me understand more.