When I become a Christian should I know all the doctrines?

When one becomes a Christian does it mean that he/she has to learn all the Christian doctrines and know the whole bible from A-Z?

I don’t think we’ll be able to learn all of them in our lifetime.On the one hand it’s a very broad field, and on the other hand the doctrine itself is constantly being perfected. It’s like the law of Israel has a lot of laws, and a lot of people want to keep all the laws, but it’s obviously impossible. Matthew 22:37-40 Jesus replied: “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” I think that although we can not learn all the teachings, but as long as we follow the Lord said these two commandments, our faith will bear beautiful fruit of life.

1 Like

Sometimes, doctrine is good for us, we should know

No one can instantly know all doctrine.

As a Christian, one should have a hunger for God’s Word. As you fill that hunger day by day by reading the Bible, studying it, meditating on it, you will grown in knowledge. It also helps to either listen to Biblically sound teachings (you will know them pretty easily if you read your Bible DAILY) or to interact with other Christians about the Bible. Join a group, a church, but be sure it is based solely on the Bible.

God does not expect us to do the impossible. He only expects us to recognize what is impossible for us and either let HIM do the work or ask for His help in doing the work.

Our salvation was not because of us, but because of Him. We are to do what Jesus Christ commanded us to do, and to ask Him for strength to do it! This gives glory to God.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

yes, you are right~