When I dated and later married my wife of Evangelical faith, I learned about their perspective on salvation and life hereafter

When I dated and later married my wife of Evangelical faith, I learned about their perspective on salvation and life hereafter. When I compared her spiritual goals for eternity through the eyes of my Latter-day Saint viewpoint, I realized that Evangelicals were correct according to the degree of their understanding of theology, although they deny the existence of the Father as a separate being from Jesus Christ. They believe that Jesus Christ is the Father and the Son, and that by accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior, they will find peace & happiness, and enjoy their association with Him eternally without the need of baptism. From a Latter-day Saint understanding of salvation, this is basically correct for those who will inherit a Terrestrial glory in the resurrection. “These are they who are honorable men of the earth … they who receive of His glory, but not of His fullness”.
What Evangelicals are missing is the opportunity for a ‘fullness’ of joy and the association with the Father as well as the Son as individual beings in a Celestial Kingdom of Glory by fulfilling covenants made in the temple where ordinances of baptism and eternal marriage are received. Therefore, Evangelicals are not a covenanted people. To quote from 1st Corinthians, the Celestial glory of the sun differs from the Terrestrial glory of the moon as “one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. ” Those who abide by an Evangelical theology will find peace and happiness with the Savior hereafter which has been their desired eternal goal. But they will never behold what they will be missing where both the Father and the Son reign in a Celestial glory that requires fulfillment of special covenants.

Bob Kinser

Latter Day Saints believe they’re going to Kolob and that The Bible is incomplete. Come out of the darkness satan has you under before it’s too late. Jesus and Satan aren’t brothers. Bow before Jesus your Creator, ask Him to be your Savior and follow … See more

Micki Shilvock

Thank you for expressing the “different gospel” Joseph Smith’s Angel Moroni brought him and that God the Father warned us through Paul to beware of and reject: “… if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to yo… See more

Don Bennett

You do not need special covenants to have fullness of joy. You need the Holy Spirit… through him one obtains fruit, in which one is joy. If you need confirmation on who Christ is… read John 1 and Isaiah 9:6.

Lura Smith