When is the best time to fast?

When is the best time to fast?
Or how often can we do the fasting?

1 Like

There is no specific command as to when or how often should we fast. So in that case it is up to our personal preference when should we fast. However, fasting should always be accompanied with prayer.

1 Corinthians 7:5 Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

We also have to consider our physical status and the upcoming activities that we have to do.

Mark 8:3 And if I send them away fasting to their own houses, they will faint by the way: for divers of them came from far.

Interestingly though, medical science shows that fasting is not only spiritually beneficial but physically good for our body as well.

1 Like

Hi ! @theenaocay
For me, the best time to fast is anytime, as long as you know in your heart that you fast because you really want to do it and your purpose is worth it. I recently did a fasting for two days because I just wanted to thank Him for what He did for me and my family. I know, maybe, some will say that God will not like it when I starved myself, but a little sacrifice of not eating for a mere two days is nothing comapared to His goodness, and so I did it with a grateful heart. :heart:

Hello @theenaocay ill do fasting in my own way but you need to consult a doctor first.
But if you are talking to a fasting in a religious way. I do fasting when im discerning for something for example i will sacrifice a no sweets meaning any form of sweets Liquid base or Solid base.
Because im seeking for Gods Guidance and im doing this for me to show to our God that im very serious for that thing. This is my knowledge about fasting in a religious way.

1 Like

Thanks @arrol. It reminds me about being serious or showing how serious we are in seeking God’s will.