When my church is in need, I bought a new phone rather than donating this money to my church. I feel guilty. How would God think about that?

When my church is in need, I bought a new phone rather than donating this money to my church. I feel guilty. How would God think about that?

You can serve God by your phone. You have this kind of thinking God may bless you.

Just a guess, but my feeling would be that God is far more interested in whether you spend time with Him than whether you support any institutionalized church.

And … Paul didn’t think it right that people go without (thus becoming a burden to others) in order to help others. He says as much here:

2 Corinthians 8:13-15 NIV
13 Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. 14 At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality, 15 as it is written: “The one who gathered much did not have too much, and the one who gathered little did not have too little.”

The ONLY problem I can see with quoting this to answer your question, @stream, is that the institutionalized church most likely has no intention of giving you money when you need it. It’s not really set up the way the early church was, where Christians were supporters of one another to the Glory of God alone.

Confidence also needs to grow. When more is understood of the Lord’s love, God will be chosen.
Believe that God’s seeing the heart you want to give is precious.

I don’t know why do you feel guilty.
God accepted your heart. Maybe you think you can give a better one to God.

Here is another answer.
https://odb.org/2018/07/21/finding-shelter/
Also, don’t forget, you can repent!

Guilty? Why? There still is no evidence to prove any god’s existence …