When scriptures are posted, why do people say after that "I don't know if it's in the Bible"?

I have posted scriptures that answer questions directly, and I’ve seen others do the same thing. Then other people run across the question with one or two scripture quotes in the answers and write “I don’t know if it’s in the Bible or not.” ???

I don’t expect that everyone here has ever cracked a Bible open let alone read it much less read the whole thing. However, when people answer with scripture quoted right there in the answers, why do you write after such quoted scriptures "I don’t know if it’s in the Bible?"

yes, it’s strange.Maybe it’s better to ask the poster.

@Gloria thanks for taking a shot at my question!

Perhaps I wasn’t clear. (It happens frequently.) I mean it this way. Let’s say you answered my question with scripture. Quoted book, chapter and verse, with all the words there.

Then 2 or 3 comments down, someone new comments “I don’t know if it’s in the Bible”.

So asking the one who posted “I don’t know if it’s in the Bible” anything about their answer seems awkward to me. Perhaps you could explain more?

Or perhaps you meant, it’s better for the person unsure if it’s in the Bible or not to ask the poster of the scripture? Though I’m not sure what could be asked by one of the other since book, chapter and verse are quoted. I have asked the folks in charge of deciding layout for this great site to consider setting up something that would automatically link to a free online Bible whenever someone writes such. So if I quoted say, John 3:16 that would automatically become a link to say, Bible Gateway where you can choose among dozens of translations to see it in your favorite one. I don’t know if that would help. I just wonder I guess why a person answers a question without reading the other answers first. I have probably done this before, though I try hard not to.

Thanks for your feedback, and looking forward to a possible further clarification so I can maybe word this question better.