When you can't forgive someone, pray for them

1 Like

Hello, dear @Jenny
Wonderful words… During this quarantine I have been feeling so many hatred and frustration for a lot of things that I can’t control, and even though I still resent the responsibles and believe they are of no good, I still understand this feelings are not of God. I can’t change them, this will probably only happen by God hand, so praying is the only things I can really do! Maybe I can’t forgive, but praying I can!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

Thank you for sharing this, @Jenny.
I believe that we cannot simply forgive someone in such a short period of time. Other people can do it but most cannot. Despite this, we should still remember that God forgives us everyday for the little wrongdoings we make. Let us remind ourselves to pray for the people who hurt us even though we cannot forgive them. This is a step away from releasing the anger that you felt towards that person. Believe in yourself because God believes in you.

Thank you for this word lately I experience hurting by some one and its not easy to forgive but God command is we need to forgive who hurts us. Oh God Thank you for your gift of forgiveness. Your only Son loved me enough to come to earth and experience the worst pain imaginable so I could be forgiven. Your mercy flows to me in spite of my faults and failures. Your Word says to “clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” (Col. 3:14) Help me demonstrate unconditional love today, even to those who hurt me.

Choosing to love and choosing to forgive involve intentionality and pursuit. We must pursue Jesus, not let our hearts grow bitter. We must pursue God’s Word as a treasure, not allow unforgiveness to build. Setting our hearts on things above and fixing our eyes on Jesus takes intentionality, but it’s the only way to take the focus off of ourselves and put it back on Jesus where it belongs. And only when we are gazing at Jesus can we begin to choose forgiveness. I’m not saying this makes it easy. I’m saying this makes it possible. Christ in you and Christ in me is the hope of glory.