When You Go Through The Deep Waters, I Will Be With You

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli
Never was there a time where we need Christ more in our world.
The realm between good and evil is being clearly defined.
We need Jesus now to help us to stay the course.
He is the beacon of hope in a troubled world. He is our harbor when we need refuge. Though the troubles and concerns are overwhelming at times, we can have peace with Christ.
He says, “I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace. I don’t leave you the way you’re used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don’t be upset. Don’t be distraught." John 14:25-27 Message

I have spent many a day with the opportunity to be upset and depressed.
But I make a choice to draw near to the One who provides the true peace, the “shalom” that the world cannot provide. He has power and authority over our state of mind. He states, “In this world you will have troubles. But take heart, I’ve overcome the world.”
I believe He is telling the truth. After all, He is the Prince of Peace.

1 Like

Hello @Brady This perspective is the very key to persevering and growing in wisdom during times of trouble. This is a necessary stop on the way to a life that is useful to God. There may be tears, but they should be tears not only of pain but also of hard-won JOY. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you", says the Lord. When we see limitations, our loving God sees unlimited opportunity. He finds great joy in bringing the greatest miracles from the hardest conditions.

Amen to that. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. You know, people will let you down but God will not. And, when you’re going through depression, what’s so important is that you trust God and not your feelings. Because your feelings will let you down. Your feelings will lie to you. People will lie to you. People will let you down. But, God won’t.

Thank you for sharing this reflection, @Brady!
God will never abandon us because we are His children. We should not fear when we are in a difficult situation because God is always with us. Seek Him and you will find love and peace. Remember that God will be there for you through your journey to becoming a successful person who has a beautiful heart. God will never leave us. Believe.