Why am I empty even after I have became a Christian?

Do you have this kind of feeling sometimes? It’s normal?

Actually, sometimes we say we are Christians, but we don’t seek God, we keep living a self-centered life. Only by seeking God, we can find the true life and happiness. Apart from Jesus Christ, everyone is spiritually destitute. Regardless of education, accomplishments, religious knowledge, all are empty without God. Most of us have a hard time admitting this fact, some of us have became Christian for some years, but it is still hard for us to acknowledge our need to reach out to God. I think we need God’s power and grace to transform our lives with a strong desire. God will help those who help themselves.

2 Likes

I have the same feeling, my experience is we need come to God every day. Come close God, fullfil our heart with his love and his word.

Where I was before empty, I was now filled! All my internal problems weren’t gone forever, but now I have a way to get through them. I can look back and see how God has truly changed things throughout the years, especially through becoming a wife and mother. At times I am heartbroken to realize that I willfully sin against God. At these times, I am reminded why Jesus willingly put Himself on the cross. I realize also, that if I get my eyes on Christ and what He has done for me, gratefulness surpasses the guilt and makes me want to push forward and do right.

See full article:

In the bible (Matthew 12:43-45), there is a story:

’ “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.” ’

In fact, before knowing God, we were filled with many evil things, and when we became christians, we cleaned our heart, moving out these evil things. However, we need to continue to invite Jesus to our heart everyday and let Him to be the king in our life. If not, our hearts are still empty.

Man is like a vessel and always needs to be filled with something, but the void of soul can only be filled with God. It is necessary to welcome God into our hearts and fill us with the Word of God and the Spirit of God.
Matthew 4:4
“Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God”
Need to constantly seek God. Only inside the Lord can be truly satisfied.

Yes, I have this kind of experience.
Even though we become Christian, but we are still in the process. Our heart have not be satisfied by Jesus. So when we feel empty, seek him more the harder.

I think its normal specially in this time of pandemic i am having a spiritual dryness now. Because of this situation we don’t have gathering from our church community. My community is one of my biggest foundation of my faith they help me a lot.
This time of pandemic my life is incomplete because of not having a mass. In my religion the greatest form of worship is the mass.

Lord God help us to reach out even in this time of pandemic. We are holding to your promise. Amen!

Maybe because of the strength of the bond you have with Christ. Challenges arise and we all feel weak, it will also affect the relationship you have with anyone. If ever that happens, just be really honest with the Lord about how you feel and seek for help.

Spiritual dryness is a state of being empty after becoming a Christian and it is totally normal. It is when we need God most. A relationship is like a seed planted in soil, you have to water it every day to blossom into a beautiful flower. If you do not do this daily, it will wither. So, whenever we feel spiritually dry, we have to come to God with open hearts.