Why Do Christians Gossip When They Know it’s Wrong?

I don’t go to church anymore, because the people in the last one I went to weren’t very friendly, and all they did was criticize and gossip about everyone, from the pastor on down (probably including me). That’s not the way Christians are supposed to act, is it?

Actually, this problem is very common among all the people. James said, the tongue is very different to control, If one can do it, he is perfect.

We know what’s right, it does not mean we can do it. We are weak and often sin against God. So we need God’s mercy and help to be holy.

I do not believe it is how Christians should act. And here’s my scriptural backup for that:

Romans 1:28-32 NASB
28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

I, myself, even as a worldly person, hated gossipers and would not engage with them. When I see it in Christians, it only means they are not regenerated by the Holy Spirit. I found I need to seek out Christians who walk the walk, not just show up at a building in fine clothes once a week.

The greatest problem of human’s relationship is judging. Jesus taught us that don’t judge then we will be judged. Judging is not our responsibility, love is.

That has been taken wildly out of context that Jesus taught us don’t judge or we will be judged. Context, audience, and the scripture that follows it is an answer.

Here’s a reliable scriptural explanation that also supports what you said about our responsibility being to love.
Under 3 minutes.

There is a great gap between you know it and you can do it. In most situations, people know what they should do, but they do not want to do. Humans are sinners, we should fight with our sinful nature and do the things that please God.

Or sacrifice our sinful nature by allowing God to change us into holy beings.

When people are not acting with a clear conscience, then you have one who is not real: JUST BE REAL will undergird you with the grace of God.

JUST BE REAL

Hola Jose:

God will use these types of people to help us grow and to look above those who are tethered to the earth. I have a message called: MURMURING IS A DEADLY SIN

Blessings to you and yours,

Lee

First we should know that Christian are also sinners. Even though we are saved by Jesus, we still have so many problems should be solved many sins should repent
But God is perfect, Jesus is perfect. Look at Him.
He will give us a new life. Maybe next time when you go to that church, the person is changed. who knows it? But we should have faith that everyone will be changed by the Lord.
God bless you!

Good word for those who have suffered at the hands of those who may by omission or commission injure these little ones. I would like to share our Youtube account with messages that I believe will bless you and others.

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Shalom, Lee