Why do I experience nightmares even when I pray before I sleep?

Why do I experience nightmares even when I pray before I sleep? I pray every night before I go to sleep but still I get very bad nightmares that would lead me to be just scared and out of breath when I wake up?

1 Like

Before you sleep, clear your thoughts or feed your mind with positive vibes. I often experience having nightmares too, most especially if I watch any horror or movies that has tragic endings. But I overcome it by thinking of good things after I recite my bedtime prayer.:blush:

1 Like

When I prayed it actually protects me from nightmares. However, if I kinda forget to pray before going to sleep due to tiredness, that’s the time when I get nightmares. If you prayed and still have nightmares, what does it consists? If it is a vision it may have a meaning.

1 Like

Hi, @MakkaPakka! Same, after watching horror movies, I kept on having nightmares so I stopped watching for months. But now, even if I do not watch horror movies, the nightmares began again. Thank you for that, I have been very stressed before sleeping so maybe that is also one of the problems.

Yep, I also forget to pray whenever I get tired. Lol sometimes while reading, I didn’t even know I fell asleep. Thank you for that, @iona090! God bless you! Keep safe!

@kianna your having a nightmare maybe because prior from going to sleep, you are thinking of something negative. Sometimes I am having a nightmare, especially when I read fantasy books before going to sleep. But lately, all I read were self help so I seldom experience any nightmares as of this week. :grin:

1 Like

Yeah. Maybe it’s because of the stress. Thank you @MakkaPakka