Why God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but forbid man and woman to eat its fruits?

There’re also the tree of life in the Garden of Eden. The tree of life and the tree of knowledge, that symbolize different choices, are related to the freedom of human being, who are created in the image of God.

People have the ability to choose to eat or not. And different choices will bring differnt result.

If they eat the fruits, it means they don’t believe God’s love to them. If they don’t believe God, they will die, which is spiritual death. This is because human is created that they can live without God’s love and word.

2 Likes

I want to give an analogy. Fire is a good thing, but when children are young, parents will tell them do not touch fire. The same thing, there is a reason for the existence of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and God gives us commandment out of love.
Ultimately, faith is the relationship with God, and we need to have absolute faith in God’s absolute love.

1 Like

I think before talking about this question we need the right understand what is the tree of the knowledge. The tree of knowledge means the reason of people. Before people learn to judge what is right and what is wrong, it’s more important to grow up their spiritual life. To know what is the love of God. The love and faith are higher than reason. So, God forbid the man and woman eat it in the beginning.

God created Adam and Eve to be “free” beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice. If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. I think this is the point that we should focus on.