Why God planted the tree that know good and evil?

Why God planted the tree that know good and evil?

The bible is the book of the Holy Spirit, He wrote the spiritual truth like story, i think its not really the tree rather it symbolizes our free will, the choosing capacity which God gave us

God put the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden to give Adam and Eve a choice to obey Him or disobey Him. Adam and Eve were free to do anything they wanted, except eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Genesis 2:16-17, “And the LORD God commanded the man, ‘You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.’” If God had not given Adam and Eve the choice, they would have essentially been robots, simply doing what they were programmed to do. God created Adam and Eve to be “free” beings, able to make decisions, able to choose between good and evil. In order for Adam and Eve to truly be free, they had to have a choice.

There was nothing essentially evil about the tree or the fruit of the tree. It is unlikely that the fruit, in and of itself, gave Adam and Eve any further knowledge. That is, the physical fruit may have contained some vitamin C and some beneficial fiber, but it was not spiritually nutritious. However, the act of disobedience was spiritually deleterious. That sin opened Adam’s and Eve’s eyes to evil. For the first time, they knew what it was to be evil, to feel shame, and to want to hide from God. Their sin of disobeying God brought corruption into their lives and into the world. Eating the fruit, as an act of disobedience against God, was what gave Adam and Eve the knowledge of evil—and the knowledge of their nakedness (Genesis 3:6–7).

God did not want Adam and Eve to sin. God knew ahead of time what the results of sin would be. God knew that Adam and Eve would sin and would thereby bring evil, suffering, and death into the world. Why, then, did God allow Satan to tempt Adam and Eve? God allowed Satan to tempt Adam and Eve to force them to make the choice. Adam and Eve chose, of their own free will, to disobey God and eat the forbidden fruit. The results—evil, sin, suffering, sickness, and death—have plagued the world ever since. Adam and Eve’s decision results in every person being born with a sin nature, a tendency to sin. Adam and Eve’s decision is what ultimately required Jesus Christ to die on the cross and shed His blood on our behalf. Through faith in Christ, we can be free from sin’s consequences, and ultimately free from sin itself. May we echo the words of the Apostle Paul in Romans 7:24-25, “What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!”

The tree was not really important in the grand scheme of things. I mean, if God didn’t want them to touch the tree, He could have kept them from it by any number of means. He’s God. In fact, just a few verses after this event (after they’ve been banished from the Garden of Eden), He actually sets up angels to guard them from re-entering (an interesting method, which no doubt gave Adam and Eve the hope of one day being able to enter their lost paradise again).

What the tree of knowledge of good and evil did was this: It allowed them to have a choice. It allowed them to obey God from the heart, or to rebel against His commands and follow their own passions. An important thought to keep in mind is this: God wants real relationships in us, not mere robots that He FORCES to love Him. The tree was merely a choice. Personally, I don’t think the fruit itself had anything interesting about it. I think the fact that they sinned suddenly made them realize what they’d done.

We, as humans, can relate to the desire to have fulfilling relationships. God wants a relationship with His creation too.

Do you really want your spouse to love you because they have no choice, or because they’ve seen everyone else in the world, but chose to spend the rest of their lives with you? God could easily have created a species of robotic humans to worship Him, if that is what God wanted. But no! God wants us to love Him from our own hearts. When God created man, He gave to him a wonderful gift: Freedom of choice. We have a will to choose. We can choose God, or we can choose sin.

If man chose to obey God, he could have enjoyed the blessings of the glorious creation. Instead, man chose to rebel against God and eat the one tree in which God commanded not to eat.

So the first things to keep in mind when reading this text is this: God created a beautiful, sinless creation. He created a paradise on Earth, and placed man there. Man had it made! He also gave man a free gift of choice, allowing Him to follow and obey his creator (God), or rebel and choose his own path. Why did God do this? Because God wants true love and true worship. Not out of compulsion, but from love and a true desire to serve, love, and obey Him.

God gave human freedom because of love.

I think it is like because it is neccessary. It is like why we need electricity in our house, why we need knives, why we need cars. I teach my baby don’t touch the electricity, be careful the car. Not to touch the knife. God reated everything with the good purpose. If man believe God, obey God, then there won’t be a problem. Because Satan said if you eat the fruit of good and evil, you will be like God. Man was temptaed and fell from the absulute love and faith relationship with God.

I think no one could really know the reason except God himself. But to my understanding, God has granted man the full freedem when He put him in the Eaden Garden, so to love and protect, He had to give man a commandment until he fully matured in love and faith.