Why is it so hard to forgive someone who hurt us?

Why so hard?

BC he hurt

Hi, @MakkaPakka! I’ve just been recently hurt by someone so I know exactly how you feel. :disappointed_relieved: Our initial reaction after being hurt is to become angry or bitter toward the person. It hurts even more if that person is someone who we least expected to hurt us. That is why, Jesus constantly reminds us to forgive even if it’s hard because that is the best way to be free from the pain. We need His grace to forgive those who badly hurt us.:blush:

Word to the wise, whenever you are tempted to dwell on unforgiving thoughts, remember that your fellowship with the Lord will be affected.
Psa. 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear.

Hi, @MakkaPakka! I’ve been hurt by people whom i treasured the most for many times. And i can say that its really hard. Especially in how you will make the relationship back in the a way they use to be, before the situation. But the Lord reminds me of how He loves those people who are persecuting Him, maybe some of those had witness His works but still choose to hurt Him.

Matthew 5:44 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Its really hard to love them back but we have to remember that Jesus loved us unconditionally even we hurt Him so bad through our sins. And the Jesus had set the perfect example of how to love the unlovable. And if we love that person it says that in ! Corinthians 'Love does not keep records of wrong" so if you loved that person you will continually forgive Him. Just like Jesus did for us.

i know its hard but we have to do how Jesus did for us. I suggest you continue to pray on your feelings, that the Lord may heal all your hurts and i will include you also in my prayers, that you may overcome all those hurts and forgive that person.

God bless!

Hi there! I guess it is hard to forgive someone who hurt us because we are afraid. Afraid that when we do forgive them, they do it again and again. They are dependent on the fact that even if they did us wrong we will still forgive them. This, too, is wrong, both of them are. So whenever someone hurt you, it is truly better to discuss the matter, because with that, you’ll know both sides of the story. With proper confrontation, it will be easier to forgive someone.

Hi everyone! Thanks for the kind words…yes, trully indeed it is so hard to forgive someone who hurt you, even harder to forget too…But I still do hope that one day they will also realize the things they have done. I am really sick and tired of their drama! I mean I didn’t do anything to them, but they keep on attacking me. Anyway, I’ll just continue praying to God to enlighten their minds and stop judging me. I am not really into confrontations because even if you will confront them the truth, they will still eventually believe other peoples speculation about you. May the Lord heal my emotions towards them, and let God do the rest.

1 Like

So true! People believe what they like to believe and what goes with their emotions and feelings. Confrontations can be hard too. All we can do is pray for them to the Lord God. May they find peace in their hearts and learn to apologize.