Why Jesus took baptism from John the baptist?

Jesus did not commit any Sin. John the Baptist was not greater than Jesus. Then why Jesus took baptize from John?

No, Jesus didn’t need to repent of his sins, because in all the history of the human race He alone was completely sinless. The reason is because He was God in human flesh, sent from heaven on that first Christmas to save us from our sins.

Why, then, did Jesus seek out John and be baptized by him in the Jordan river? (You can read the Bible’s account of this in Matthew 3:13-17.) The reason is because Jesus — who was the sinless Son of God — took upon Himself your sins and my sins, and the sins of the whole human race. Just as He didn’t have to die, so He didn’t have to be baptized — until He became the bearer of all our sins. This He did by coming to earth for us.

In other words, from the very beginning of His ministry Jesus demonstrated that He was the promised Messiah, and (in the words of John the Baptist) “the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29). His baptism was a sign of this great truth — and it was confirmed immediately by a voice from heaven declaring, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:17).

See the following:

Matthew 3:13-17 English Standard Version (ESV)
13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to John, to be baptized by him. 14 John would have prevented him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?” 15 But Jesus answered him, “Let it be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he consented. 16 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; 17 and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

and

Mark 1:9-11 English Standard Version (ESV)
9 In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

and

21 Now when all the people were baptized, and when Jesus also had been baptized and was praying, the heavens were opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

and

John 1:32-34 English Standard Version (ESV)
32 And John bore witness: “I saw the Spirit descend from heaven like a dove, and it remained on him. 33 I myself did not know him, but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God.”

Really, if you read the Gospels you cannot miss the answer to this question. This is as much as God decided to reveal to us. Scripture is sufficient or as we say Sola Scriptura!

I think John the baptist must bring the Jews to Christ because he was the spiritual Elijah but he fail to do his commission properly and finally don’t follow Christ. So that moment when Jesus took the baptism he passes the commission to Jesus to evangelize, actually Christ gives the truth while John the baptist leads the Jews to Christ but now Jesus was doing both evangelize and gave truth.

John the Baptist is the one who prepared the way for the Lord Jesus.

Jesus did on our behalf.

In a short answer, in order to fulfill the Old Testament.