Why Judas (Iscariot) committed suicide?

I’m very curious why Judas committed suicide when he betrayed Jesus.

He knows he did wrong

Whatever his motives, Judas led soldiers to the Garden of Gethsemane, where he identified Jesus by kissing him and calling him “Rabbi.” (Mark 14:44-46) According to the Gospel of Matthew, Judas immediately regretted his actions and returned the 30 pieces of silver to church authorities, saying “I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.” When the authorities dismissed him, Judas left the coins on the floor, and committed suicide by hanging himself (Matthew 27:3-8).

more information here: Why Jesus Was Betrayed by Judas Iscariot - HISTORY

I have often wondered about the same thing, @abiwaiting4you. But, as I was reading through the Scriptures, I came to the realization (through the Holy Spirit’s guidance) that Judas Iscariot eventually felt guilty about his betrayal. Any sane person would ultimately feel shame if a person he/she betrayed still considered him/her as a friend. We can read this in Matthew 26:50 where Jesus clearly called Judas a friend during the very moment of his betrayal.

“Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.” Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him.”

This episode might’ve gotten deep into the mind and heart of Judas Iscariot , which eventually led to his tragic end.