Why Should I Live By the Bible? Our World is Different Now

I find the Bible interesting (or at least parts of it), but we live in a different world today.

Bible teach us about truth. Truth don’t change forever.

1 Like

The world changes, but the truth doesn’t change, that everyone is a sinner who needs God’s salvation. And the Bible tells us why we are sinners and how we can get salvation.

1 Like

Bible is the truth, the only standard for us to live our life on the earth. Even the world is changing all the time, but the truth does not change. If we follow the bible to live, we can have a life that is pleasing God, and that is the only purpose of our life.

1 Like

Bible have the word of God,every thing can change, but God’s word could not change.
No matter how people change, God is one that does not change. We need to follow the truth and live. Through the Bible. We can know who I am, why I live, and how to live. The Bible is like a person’s manual, with all the answers to people.

1 Like

Actually, we don’t. Check out the description of Thessalonica in Acts, or the description of the Greek Bereans that the Apostles go to next. That describes basically inner city vs. rich suburb today. Sodom and Gommorah were like the parts of our society that fit this description:

People flock by the hoards to churches that make no demands on them to repent or have faith in Christ or read their Bibles daily, or confess their sins to each other. That’s quite similar to a time in the Old Testament where “each man did what he thought right” and they worshiped many idols. And do not cross “American Idol” off the list on that account. Because we DO idolize Celebrities in our culture, and there is a form of worship that is really distressing to watch: when people pass out or wet themselves because they are so overwhelmed to see this human being (as flawed as all of us) face to face, as though they look upon a god.

You would be surprised, and I really mean shocked, to discover how much of exactly what is in our culture and our world is JUST LIKE the times in the Bible.

But don’t take my word for it, take GOD’S Word for it! Read the Bible yourself, all the way through, daily. And test it! Don’t be afraid to question and keep reading. For me, it took me once through to be convicted of the truth and bald reality of my own sin (which the world would laugh at as any kind of sin) and it’s depravity and my absolute need for a Savior, the second read through to really question and test whether or not the Bible contradicts itself and the third time through to begin to understand it.

Why not? Who’s going to know? Read it quietly and alone where you are not disturbed, just like you would do for a really good novel or biography (if you’re into non-fiction). Then decide FOR YOURSELF! That’s my encouragement.

1 Like

This is not my answer, but an answer from a show called ‘Wretched’ to your question, @beexalted

The History of Post-Modernism

The Bible teaches about the truth, about where we are from and who we are.
This is the fundamental thing of our life.
Even though, the outside always changes but the essence will not change.

1 Like

thanks for your long reply, friend, God bless~

1 Like

I think, maybe we can ask the question from the opposite perspective that why can’t we live by the Bible?In fact, the words of the Bible are not specifically addressed to the time of Jesus.The content and meaning of the Bible are unaffected by time and space,because it focuses on human, not the world or the times.Therefore, “the alternation of times” and “the value of the Bible” are not in conflict with each other

1 Like

i have the same feeling actually, i am so different from other people. i do not know how to suitable to them.
However, i find that i should follow Jesus, for this is the only way to reach God.

1 Like

You walk like a foreigner sojourning in a strange land.
That is what the Israelites, God’s chosen nation did.
That is what Christ told us we should be.
You are chosen, my friend. Praise God!

The Bible is the words of God; God is the One who is alive and eternal; He created us, and we should live by Him; the world has been changing, but God has never changed.

1 Like

Bible is everlasting truth and never changes. You live by it you will receive life.

How do you view the bible first?
Do you view it as the WORD of GOD?

the word of God is eternal as well as truth.
It is timeless.

Aside from that, It is also the manual of our lives.
We can find our why to live or our purpose and how to live it as well.

2 Timothy 3:16 New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness.

Times change indeed but no matter what time we live in, the Bible has all the answers to our problems, questions, fears and anxieties. Humans are dynamic but God is not, which is why His written word remains the same but is still applicable in any century or age we find ourselves in. We need only read and meditate on them and ask for His divine wisdom to understand how to use the instructions we have been given. God bless us all while we obey His commands and live by them. Amen.

As the world changes, the people are too. People are wicked and cruel. As the world changed but not the truth, the bible or the word of God. God has predicated the future as what it says in the bible. Lots of evidence written and were being documented. No matter what, the truth was revealed already and that cannot be changed.

Hello, my dear friend @Bblove
What you say is true, we live in a different time, with a lot of different things in our daily lives.
That’s why you should not take it as word per word, but as a guide to be the best person you can be, one who follows the guidance of Jesus Christ, that’s the true way to accomplish the true happiness and the heavens.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero