Why we should read the Bible every day?

Why we should read the Bible every day?

We don’t need to read the Bible everyday. If you can, it’s better.

A question I can answer wholeheartedly from personal experience.

For me, in my life, this is how it’s been:

When I read the Bible once a week, I lived as a powerless child in a very dysfunctional family.

When I stopped reading the Bible altogether, I left God, the church, and home, not necessarily in that order, and went out and piled up my sin to the sky. My excuse was that “my parents had kept me from sinning and I just wanted to know what it was”. (Hey, the story in Eden is very similar isn’t it?) That was worse than a poor excuse, it was downright wrong. I already knew what sin was. I knew what it was before I ever committed a sin of my own!

When I started reading the Bible again with a friend whenever we felt like it but a full chapter each time, I began to question what my psuedo-Christian parents had taught me.

When I started (and continue now) to read the Bible daily, I finally read enough of it to begin to see who God really is, what His Character is, and how profoundly eternal all His characteristics and His person really are. That changed much in my understanding and relationship with Him. I repented. I have been forgiven. I have been given the most wonderful and comforting aid of the Holy Spirit, because now when I read the Bible I see more and more.

One more comment: I love fiction books. I can read them by the score. They are fun, adventurous, sometimes scary or even sad, but they are a ride, and an easy one to take. However, since starting reading and continuing reading my Bible, there is a difference besides the fact that the Bible is non-fiction. The Bible is a living Word. If you don’t believe me, why not give it a try in privacy and see for yourself?

The Word of God is wisdom and our strength. When we know God’s Word, we can discern sin and good and have the power to overcome sin. We do not know the future. But he knows God. So when we have worries and anxieties, when there is a problem, God’s Word leads us to the right path. If you read and meditate on the Word of God every day, you will always be filled with hope and joy. The Word is also the form of our spirit. When our spirit becomes more abundant through the Word, our lives will become more joyful and beautiful.

1 Like

Just like we need to eat every day, otherwise you will be hungry :wink:
The word of God is our spiritual bread :bread:

You will find the answer fro your question and it will guide your lives everyday.

The Bible like bread of your life, you should eat everyday.

the Bible is word of God. God is God who speaks. When we read the Bible every day, we can become familiar to what God wants to say to us.

Read the Bible every day means that close to the Lord and listen His voice every day.

1 Like

[2Timothy 3:15-17]
and how from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The words of God is power and life. It is our spiritual bread, the way to knowing God.

Our lord Jesus christ said, the word of God is like the eternal living water for us. If we do not read the bible every day, we can not have opportunity to know the word of God.

The Bible rescues us from every dangers of the world, Jesus also defeated the temptation of the evil by the Word of God.

Because we are designed to need Him moment by moment.

We can try to put this way: we need physical food every day, so we need spiritual food which is the word of God to feed our soul every day as well/

As well as we need to eat food everyday for our physical body, we should eat the words of God for our spiritual body.

Matthew 4: 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

Because it is our spiritual food.