With Today’s Technology, Do We Still Need Evangelists and Missionaries?

Do we still need evangelists and missionaries? I respect what you were able to do, but the world has changed because of technology, and I’m not sure if evangelists and missionaries are needed now.

The technology just a tool, it can be used for evangelists and missionaries, but could not replace it. Maybe you confuse these two ideas.

Perhaps not in the same way, but face to face fellowship cannot be excluded and have a real body of Christ. However, many could argue we have far too many people going to places that already are well aware of Christ and salvation and the Bible, only the real reason is to push a particular “brand” of Christianity.

Without getting into that too much, I’d like to add this much:
It is wonderful for a person who is housebound to have access to these things, but I don’t know if that is really necessary. It’s certainly NOT as necessary to me as is 1) reading the Word regularly and 2) having fellowship, sharing, and prayers among believers. No “leader” is needed for that. I think some are called, but why they do not evangelize in their own cities and towns is a bit of a mystery to me still. I understand that a prophet is not honored in his home town or even his own home, as Jesus so clearly stated. But evangelists and missionaries are generally for the unsaved, not the saved. Prophets generally speak to God’s people (those saved already) to warn them.

I’m curious: IF this is not needed now, how would that information be of help to you, @Cali? Or would it be?

Yes. I think we still need Evangelists and Missionaries in this e-world. There are two reasons. Firstly, people should communicate face to face. This way can convey the love of God very effectively. Because evangelizing is not only evangelizing, it is also conveying love of God through human. Secondly, although there is great technology, we still need convey God’s message to others in person. But the technology can help evangelists and missionaries do it. It can not replace it, but leads people to communicate in love of God face to face.

Good argument. I agree. I think it is better for us to think about the unsaved souls when we are asking if there is need for existing of evangelists and missionaries.

Sure, We should use every method to spread the words of God. Some of area hardly use Technology.

Sure, No body evangelists their is no body can hear good news from God.

Yes. I think we still need Evangelists and Missionaries in this e-world.
We should know that the work of Holy Spirit is present. Yeah we can get a lot grace from the Youtube preacher.But one pastor made a parable that recording message is like a can but one to one fellowship is like fresh dishes. I think this parable is very proper.