Woman saved through child bearing? Bible says so

I found a unusual Bible verse.

11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

How to interpret this Scripture? Are not woman saved by faith through grace?

Yes, women are saved through God’s grace, just like men.

It’s context. In Hebrew law, dating back to the time of Moses, women were considered shamed by God if they could not bear children (see Sarah who was married to Abraham and could not bear, and many others). Many of them said “God has removed my disgrace” when they later gave birth.

However, I’m not sure, as you mentioned, if it is something for today. So I’m going to check a MacArthur study note on this…

This scripture above that you shared is 1 Timothy 2:11-15.
I looked up just 1 Timothy 2:15 about the “saved through childbearing” comment and here are the Study Notes from MSB:

NKJV MacArthur Study Bible

2:15 she. That Paul does not have Eve in mind here is clear because the verb translated “will be saved” is future, and he also uses the plural pronoun “they.” He is talking about women after Eve. will be saved. Better translated in this context, “will be preserved.” The Gr. word can also mean “to rescue,” “to preserve safe and unharmed,” “to heal,” or “to deliver from.” It appears several times in the NT without reference to spiritual salvation (cf. Matt. 8:25; 9:21, 22; 24:22; 27:40, 42, 49; 2 Tim. 4:18). Paul is not advocating that women are eternally saved from sin through childbearing or that they maintain their salvation by having babies, both of which would be clear contradictions of the NT teaching of salvation by grace alone through faith alone (Rom. 3:19, 20) sustained forever (Rom. 8:31–39). Paul is teaching that even though a woman bears the stigma of being the initial instrument who led the race into sin, it is women through childbearing who may be preserved or freed from that stigma by raising a generation of godly children (cf. 5:10). in childbearing. Because mothers have a unique bond and intimacy with their children, and spend far more time with them than do fathers, they have far greater influence in their lives and thus a unique responsibility and opportunity for rearing godly children. While a woman may have led the human race into sin, women have the privilege of leading many out of sin to godliness. Paul is speaking in general terms; God does not want all women to be married (1 Cor. 7:25–40), let alone bear children. if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control. The godly appearance, demeanor, and behavior commanded of believing women in the church (vv. 9–12) is motivated by the promise of deliverance from any inferior status and the joy of raising godly children.

I’m hoping that helps both of us!

1 Like

Thank you. I am finding more about this topic. Your reply is helpful. I will post more about this as I find new things. Thank you

1 Like