You have filled my heart with great joy

Psalms 4:7 You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.

2 Likes

I firmly believe that you cannot experience true joy outside of Christ. Joy is more than being happy or having a good day. It is, as Piper put it, “a good feeling in the soul, produced by the Holy Spirit, as he causes us to see the beauty of Christ in the word and in the world. Joy is about seeing the work of Christ in everything we experience, whether it be good or bad. Joy is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) which means we cannot have it without the work of the Lord. That is what makes Christian joy so unique it is a product of being a child of God!

@FaithinGod this is what God promise to us once we received Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and savior we will recieve fruits of the spirit and one of those is Joy. Sometimes we feel such unexpalinable JOY even the situation is not that ok. God filled our hearts with joy for us to hold on and be strong in our faith…

Yes, He did! All my sorrows and years of mourning are now memories. Thank you, Lord God, for healing my broken heart. Thank you for the joy you have given me. I owe my life to You. My problems were nothing compared to the love You showed me.

1 Like