You Have Nothing to Worry About: A Devotional

You Have Nothing to Worry About
Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
1 PETER 5:7

Worrying is totally useless. I was a worrier, so I know what a stronghold it can become in our lives. I also know that it is a bad habit that is not easily broken, but since all things are possible with God, then it is possible for us to live free from worry, anxiety, and fear. If you are willing to give up worrying, then you will be able to enter into an attitude of celebration. You can trust God and enjoy life while He solves your problems.
Nothing is outside of God’s control, so in reality there is nothing to worry about. When we begin to look at worry in a realistic manner, we see how totally useless it is. Our minds revolve endlessly around and around a problem, searching for answers that only God has. We may ponder a thing and ask God for wisdom, but we do not have God’s permission to worry. Pondering a thing in God is peaceful, but worrying can be torment. When we worry, we torment ourselves! We can pray and ask God to help us not to worry, but ultimately we must choose to put our thoughts on something other than our problems. A refusal to worry is proof that we trust God and it releases Him to go to work on our behalf.
I wonder how much of our mental time is spent worrying, reasoning, and fearing—possibly more than is spent on anything else. Instead of meditating on our problems, let’s choose to meditate on the “alls” of God. He says you can cast “… [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you…” (1 Pet. 5:7). Let us realize how unlimited His power is and trust Him to do what we cannot do.
Trust in Him What are you worried about? Do you believe God will take care of you, do what you can’t do, and work every situation out for good? Then give yourself permission to stop worrying. Make your trust in Him more powerful than your worries!

by Joyce Meyer

Sharing this devotional because I am having a hard time sleeping so I decided to read another chapter of Joyce Meyer’s book. Anyways, I think we can all relate to this one. A lot of us are worrying because of the pandemic. But then again, God told us not to worry. This is yet again another reassurance from the Lord God that everything will be okay. He is in control of everything. Let us stop worrying about things we have no control over and surrender to the Lord God! :blush::yellow_heart:

I like this line…How can I ever refuse to worry haha! It seems like I worry every time and too much…I worry for our safety here, I worry about my senior citizen parents wayback home, and I worry for everyone else! Joyce Meyer is true, we have to allow ourself to stop worrying and start living the life God has designed us to be.

1 Like

“Thanks to God with this verse!”

I want us to think the positive sides of our worry.
Seriously we worry because we care, we love, we’re afraid, we have dreams and etc. I hate myself, I tell it to God- I hate myself when I am worried into something because I’m always think negatively yet with reflections meaning I undergo negative emotions but I find a way out to realize it by myself. Now, I want a change! How about to focus only on the positive sides, I don’t know if you would agree? But I want to try, why? Few days ago, I have a problems it is also accompanied by this struggles of pandemic although - IATF here in the philippines eases the ECQ to GCQ but it is further need regulations to prevent sickness. I went outside last time, and i’m on the line corner at the mercury store while thinking it is really difficult to overcome the new norm, seems you are not comfortable that’s my worry and there are more but I want to tackle it all. Now, focusing on the positive gestures or doings I think it will help to lessen our worries and you will be happy continually.

1 Like

They say worrying about something means you suffer twice. If the thing you’re worrying about is going to happen, you’re going to suffer anyways. So, it’s best not to worry, cause you’re just stressing yourself again and again. This is even worse for over thinker like us. We worry too much about everything. But thank you @kianna for sharing this with us. This really helps. Thank you for reminding us that whatever is laying heavy on our hearts right now, let’s give it to God. He cares for us, and He will never leave us. We will never be alone.

1 Like

I agree. Worrying is useless, it sucks out all our energy. We will not be able to accomplish anything. There are some things that no matter how much we want to control it, we will fail because it is not our job to do so. We need to let go and let God do His work. Thank you for this reflection. I love Joyce Meyer!

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this.
This is so helpful because a lot of us really are worrying about the situation the world is in right now. Worrying causes even more trouble with our emotional stability. We should try to calm ourselves down by clearing our mind once in a while by talking to God. Let us be reminded that God is always by our side, watching over us. We should lift all our worries up to Him, trust Him, and believe in Him.

1 Like

Yes, it is normal to worry but sometimes we have to stop worrying about things that are not in our control and let the Lord God take the wheel. :blush: :yellow_heart:

Yes, that’s amazing @Bhert! I have also been applying that in my daily life. I’m trying to be positive in life and appreciate the blessings I receive in life. It has been months since the virus, yet I am still okay and my family is safe, that itself is such a blessing!

1 Like

Yes @Jean! I am also an overthinker and honestly, it has been very rough. That is why I try to be more grateful and positive in life. Rather than focusing and worrying about things, I try to look at how blessed I am and try to put my focus on things that will bring good vibes in my life. I know God is always by my side, I know He has a plan for me that is why I try my very best not to worry too much.

Very true @kbadum! I have noticed that whenever I worry, I worry for THE WHOLE DAY! Sometimes I even worry about one single thing for days, and it has not been very good for me mentally. It drags me down.

Indeed @hbbm14 worrying will only ruin us mentally and emotionally, and our day. We have to keep in mind that we do not have everything under our own control, we have to let go and let God do His work too. We are not alone in this journey, we are with God, of course. There are times where we take control and there are also times that He needs to take control. We must trust Him whenever we feel like we can no longer handle such problems. :blush: :yellow_heart:

1 Like