You will find rest for your souls

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)

Everytime I read this bible verse the first song that will come into my mind is the one that is from Basil Valdez titled “Lift Up Your Hands”…Let me post the song lyrics here to remind us that no matter what we are going through, we are not alone because we have God at our back…

SONG LYRICS
Life is not all that bad, my friend, hmm…If you believe in yourself…If you believe there’s Someone who walks through life without you…You’ll never be alone…Just learn to reach out, And open your heart…Lift up hands to God, And He’ll show you the way.

And He said, “Cast your burdens upon Me…Those who are heavily laden,…Come to Me, all of you who are tired
Of carrying heavy loads,…For the yoke I will give you is easy…And My burden is light,…Come to Me and I will give you rest.”

When you feel the world…Is tumblin’ down on you,And you have no one…That you can hold on to,…Just face the rising sun…And you’ll see hope,…And there’s no need to run…Lift up your hands to God,…And He’ll make you feel all right…

And He said, “Cast your burdens upon Me…Those who are heavily laden,…Come to Me, all of you who are tired…Of carrying heavy loads,…For the yoke I will give you is easy…And My burden is light,…Come to Me and I will give you rest.”

1 Like

When I read this Bible verse, it reminds me about Living the Grace of God and you will find rest to Him:

Ephesians 2:8-9 is a great scripture that says we’re saved by grace through faith. And we walk out our relationship with God and His plans for our lives the same way we receive salvation: by grace through faith. This is possible because Jesus made the perfect sacrifice for us when He gave His life, taking our guilt and condemnation and paying for our sins. Through a personal relationship with Jesus, we access God’s grace so we can do what He’s calling us to do.

It’s so amazing to know that God is always with us, giving us His grace for everything we need to do in life. Trust God’s unconditional love for you today. Do what you can do and give Him everything else.

And when you find yourself getting frustrated or feeling overwhelmed, like you just can’t do it anymore, remember to stop, get your focus back on Him and enter into His rest once again.

1 Like

We can have peace in His presence when we learned to depend on Him only in the middle of a storm. God won’t ever take us where His grace won’t protect us. He will engineer circumstances in our lives where ultimately He is glorified and we are blessed if we trully rest in Him and not insist on doing everything in our own way.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this verse! When we allow God to enter into our hearts, His holy spirit equips us with wisdom and peace. The love of the Lord changes us day by day to the person He has designed us to be. Difficulties and pain may arise but we are not alone, He is with us along the way. He will never abandon us.

1 Like

Phobias and restlessness abound, watch out!

https://www.verywellmind.com/cabin-fever-fear-of-isolation-2671734

The pandemic has changed our lives and no one was prepared for it. We had to adjust and develop new habits whether we liked it or not. In the process different types of phobias have arisen and one of them is cabin fever. I thought that was just a title of a movie.

Well, the answer to all this new fears and forms of restlessness has always been the same – Jesus! Only in him can we find true and meaningful rest.

Ahhhh, thank you Jesus. Thinking and writing about this make me feel blissful and relaxed already. Oh, rest, my soul, I find my peace in you, my dear Savior

2 Likes