Your Words are So Powerful That They Will Kill or Give Life

Reflection from Nina Laird-Fusilli

Me and my big mouth!
So many times in my walk with the Lord, I have spoken, or thought this.
You see, there are many references in the Bible, which speak on the words of our mouth. The following are only a few of the scriptures that reference our words:
Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.
Mark 11:23 Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.
“Just let me get this off my chest!” Big mistake! Do not speak those words. Just hold your tongue.
Negativity? “I feel so sick. We are broke. I hate her. This is never going to work. I hate my job.” These are only a few examples of the things we say every day.
I am guilty as charged. But I am learning because I know the truth.
I am passing it on to you now. You have a challenge as a child of God, to speak words of life, not death. Do not get discouraged if you make mistakes. Jesus has your back. Just try, and God will do the rest!
James 3:5 So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell.

Yes indeed! @Lydia Words, they have the power to build people up, confine people to where they are, and break people down. Choose your words carefully before you utter them to others but most importantly the words you utter to yourself must be positive. Instill belief and hope within yourself.

If we understood the power of our thoughts, we would guard them more closely. If we understood the awesome power of our words, we would prefer silence to almost anything negative. In our thoughts and words, we create our own weaknesses and our own strengths. Our limitations and joys begin in our hearts. We can always replace negative with positive

@Lydia There are times when I get too emotional, I tend to overreact sometimes. Whether it’s good or bad situations, sometimes we lose control and we are going to speak our mind without thinking twice. We will feel too much and that’s not necessarily a bad thing. We still have a heart but sometimes we barely know how to control our emotions. I know how words can either make you or break you. That’s why, whenever I am anxious, angry, or disappointed, I always ask for God to help me calm down and be more patient. To clear my mind before words come out of my mouth. Who knows how long the words we say can stay in someone’s mind. So please be kind, because every person is fighting a battle we know nothing about