Do you pray the rosary?

Do you pray the rosary? My sister told me, after reading the Bible, that it shouldn’t be
done. That we would rather just pray, or simply talk to God

2 Likes

Hi there @kianna! Yes, I do pray the rosary. I mean all of us in the family do that even before we are kids. Our parents taught us to pray the rosary when we are in grade school, and all of us siblings where raised to a Catholic school. So it became a habit for us, even if we are all far from each other.

1 Like

In praying the rosary, it really depends on your own religion’s practices. As for mine, we do not have any rosary nor do prayers like that because Born Again’s does not have a practice and somehow different from Catholics. Despite the difference, we all pray and believe in the same God :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, dear @kianna,
The rosary is pretty related with praying to the Holy Mary, I as a catholic has always done it. I even have some aunts who pray the rosary all the days at the morning and sometimes before going to sleep. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, the habit really depends in the way in which you live your religion and your love to God.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

I do pray the Rosary as a Catholic. I do this as well as talk to the Father. The Rosary is powerful because of the devotion and the time taken. All the prayers in it are the only learned prayers I recite. Other times I simply speak to the Father or I use The Lord’s prayer as a perfect framework. Jesus didn’t give it to his disciples to simply recite. I apologize for differing with you about the Rosary.

1 Like

I must further apologize. I thought you were wondering why, you simply asked.

1 Like

When it comes to relgious or spiritual activities, I see to it that before I do it, it has a biblical basis. If the bible doesn’t show any command or example for such activity, I don’t do it.

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

When it comes to prayer, we cannot see any command or example that Christians should pray to Mary.

In fact, the last mention of Mary the mother of Jesus is that Mary is praying with other Christians.

Acts 1:14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

Second reason why I don’t pray the rosary is there is only one mediator between God and man and that is Christ.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Christ is also the one making intercession for us.

Rom 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Third reason why I don’t pray to Mary because if we follow the pattern of prayer set by Jesus Christ Himself, we should only pray to God the Father.

Luke 11:1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. 

Also, when I pray, I pray to the Father through the name of Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

I respect Mary because she is a faithful servant of God and she is the woman chosen by the Father so that the Word, the second person in the Godhead became flesh.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

I doubt that Mary is happy that people are praying to her without God’s authority.

1 Like

Hi ! @kianna
No, I don’t pray the rosary. We have different religion, different cultures, beliefs, and upbringing. I have very close friends that pray the rosary but I don’t tell them to stop. I just let my mind and heart open to them because they are my friends. If I see them doing something wrong, then, i’ll tell them to stop, but rosary ? I guess I wont, maybe not for now. We just really need to respect others who does because at the end of the day, we are all still the children of God. Let them be the ones to stop doing it on their own, because if we force them, then it’s not gonna be good.

1 Like

I haven’t been praying the rosary for a long time, but I remember clinging to it during my recent tough time when I was succumbing to the worst of my thoughts. It helped me calm down a bit. I guess it’s the power of prayer, 'cause I’ve been praying that I don’t lose my humanity.

1 Like

Ever notice that the Our Father and the Hail Mary are Not prayed in the name of Christ Jesus? He is only mentioned as a little baby instead of The Risen Lord of lords and King of kings. Matthew 6 teaches how to pray but it also mentions Not to use vain repetitions. John 16:25 I have spoken these things to you in figures of speech. A time is coming when I will no longer speak to you this way, but will tell you plainly about the Father. 26. In that day you will “ask in My name”. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. 27. For the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I came from God. 28. I came from the Father and entered the world. In turn, I will leave the world and go to the Father.” — Ask the Father for His Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus our Lord and Christ. Amen.

2 Likes

For catholics. The rosary is a powerful prayer. It settles our hearts and minds. It puts things in perspective and allows us to see things as they really are. It reaches deep down into our souls and puts us at ease, creating a peace that is rare and beautiful. To put it simply, it just works.

2 Likes

Amen to that.

2 Likes

Hi, everyone! I apologize for the late reply. Thank you all so so much for sharing your views and perspectives regarding this matter. Yes, it really does matter in regards to religious practices. At first, I just got so lost and I needed answers. Instead of praying the rosary at night with my family, we now do a Bible study, share our experiences and journey about our faith, and pray our own prayers to Jesus Christ.

I appreciate your time and effort in opening my mind about this subject! God bless each and every one of you and keep safe!! :heartpulse::heartpulse:

Hello there @kianna…how are you?It’s been a while you haven’t come online lol…I hope everything and everyone is well. I am glad that you and your family is having more quality time together thru Bible study and to God. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Hey there, @MakkaPakka! Yeah lol, it has been a while since I have posted anything. Yeah, thank God everything is fine within my family. I hope all is well too with yours. Let us all keep safe and pray for each other :heartpulse: Not going to deny it though, I miss posting here, I got very busy at home. God bless you!!

1 Like

For me there is nothing wrong to pray and do rosary unless you didn’t pray only for traditional purpose because God wants us to Pray whole heartedly and God sees our Hearts while praying we need to be sincere and focus to Him.

1 Like

Yes! @Paulo_Juamis exactly. Sometimes other people only pray the rosary because it is tradition or they grew up praying the rosary but not actually feel the Lord’s love. That just takes away the very essence of praying it. :frowning:

Hi there @kianna…I really thought you will already stopped posting here in our community :grin:…I’m glad you are good. Best regards to you and your family.

1 Like

Hiii, @MakkaPakka! Yep, was gone for almost a month I think? I got issues with my account for some reason so I was not able to post much. But all of it is fine and good now. I honestly miss posting here and talking to you guys! Thank you! Best regards to you and your family, too! :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

@kianna: Yeah, almost a month hehe…We are thankful that you are now back in track in our community. And yes we miss you too! Keep safe still… and let’s continue to pray for our protection and for the protection of our frontliners and others too.

1 Like