Ephesians 6:12

I am trying to reflect on Ephesians 6:12 today.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

There are many types of struggles in life. Everyone have their own struggles. Paul in this verse says that our struggle is not against the flesh and blood.

I used to think like this before. If my struggle is against something that is physical or visible or a strong person I can do physical body training to build myself up and fight.

While this can be true for some, in my day to day life my struggle is not against body that has flesh and blood but this is against something invisible. Most of the times I lose this battle because enemy who is trying to defeat me is not something not visible.

My enemy is powers of this dark world and evil spiritual forces. Powers of dark and evil spiritual forces does not come out with scary faces but usually very quiet. I don’t even know it exist. But it is a slow poison. It kills slowly.

Paul says we are attacked by the rulers and the authorities of evil forces. These are not just some small force but the strongest forces. This forces are something that threaten my spiritual life.

As I read and meditate this verse I realize the importance of knowing what am I struggling against? If I do not know what am I struggling against, I will not be able to prepare any precautionary steps to protect myself against the enemy.

Amen

Previous (2 Corinthians 12:10)
Next (Ephesians 6:13)

1 Like

I watched a sermon last night that really clarified WHAT these “dark forces, rulers and authorities of evil forces” ARE. I understand your struggle. It has been mine as well. So I’m sharing this video in hopes it might help you, and maybe others in this understanding of what we are up against. (The sermon is difficult to hear at first, but hang in there as it gets more and more full of hope until at the end it’s nearly heavenly. But this is first to name and identify what these evil spiritual forces are.)
John MacArthur Exposes Satanism <— This link will take you to You Tube to see and hear this sermon.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: My Devotions