Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was, and Who God Has Always Been

“I used to be a lesbian.”

In Gay Girl, Good God, author Jackie Hill Perry shares her own story, offering practical tools that helped her in the process of finding wholeness. Jackie grew up fatherless and experienced gender confusion. She embraced masculinity and homosexuality with every fiber of her being. She knew that Christians had a lot to say about all of the above. But was she supposed to change herself? How was she supposed to stop loving women, when homosexuality felt more natural to her than heterosexuality ever could?

At age nineteen, Jackie came face-to-face with what it meant to be made new. And not in a church, or through contact with Christians. God broke in and turned her heart toward Him right in her own bedroom in light of His gospel.

TOP TEN LIST OF HOW MUCH I LOVED THIS BOOK AND WHY YOU SHOULD READ IT, shall we?

1. It’s a story of God. It’s not just a story of an ex-gay girl. It’s more of a story of how God loves a girl.
  2. Jackie’s writing is beautiful and poetic.
  3. The chapter on Adam and Eve’s sin is worth the price of the whole book.
  4. It’s not a book to fly through because every chapter is filled with meat and truth.
  5. You’ll need to read it with a pen in hand so you can underline and write notes like “ouch”, “dang” and “amen”.
  6. This is the book every parent needs to read so they can help their kids know and understand what desire/sin mean to God vs. what the world thinks.
  7. Every pastor/church leader needs to read this book to help reach, teach, love and understand the LGBT folks that come through their front doors. And to teach their straight folks to do the same.
  8. Quotes like this: “What else was I loving that might be the death of me?..There had to be more executioners that I’d made my lover.”
  9. And this: “‘I mean, does God want me that much?’ As grace would have it, He did.”
  10. Jackie says in the intro that this book is a “lifted hand, a glad praise, a necessary hymn, a hallelujah overheard and not kept quiet.” And I join Jackie in that worship and shout, GOD IS GOOD!

Regardless of your views on God, the church, homosexuality or the LGBT community, this is a book you need to read. You will know God better and see Him more clearly.

-Amanda White, Amazon Customer

I loved every bit of this book! I love Jackie’s heart. I love how she shared her struggles and how he says the struggle is still there. I love how she glorifies God and makes Him famous. I love how she paints her story with such detail.
She gave me some great insight in the struggles that people with same sex attraction go through. The struggle of any temptation is difficult and we have to decide is obeying God more important than what I want.
This is a must read for anyone.
As a pastor if a church I loved this book. As a husband to my wife I loved this book.
As a father to my 3 boys I loved this book.
As a fellow human being who struggles with sin and the constant battle, I loved this book.

Jeremiah semmler, Amazon Customer

. . .More Reviews

If you wish to read a short review before you read the book, you may go here →

I have not personally read the book, but found it interesting as many has written good reviews. Though there are some bad reviews, the good reviews out number the bad reviews in large number which implies many were able to connect them selves with the book. Hoping and praying that it will bring health in to your spirit as you turn pages of this book.

In case you have read it or planning to read, do post you reviews and interests below. God bless!

You might want to watch a short video before you begin → Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was And Who God Has Always Been - YouTube

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Testimonies from LGBT