How do you handle fear?

What are your fears and how do you handle or fight it?

2 Likes

I do not know if this is much of a fear rather than just a feeling, but I am afraid of getting hurt or disappointed by myself again. Over the past few years, I have had bad relationships with a partner, friends, and with some of my family members. I get so hard on myself and blame myself for letting other people hurt me. I sometimes feel like it is my fault that I let them do that to me. So whenever I meet new people, I do not want to get involved that much because I am afraid of getting hurt, which in turn will make me get disappointed with myself. Honestly, I still do not know how to deal with this.

I feel you, sis. There was a time that I feel like its a curse to be a good person because people tend to take you for granted, consciously or unonsciously. Its not your fault. Hurting is a part of life. Its what makes us human and it is essential for us to be stronger. Take it easy and don’t beat yourself up.

Its a must to be careful whenever you meet other people.

When I was at your age, I make friends with everyone I meet and I end up hurting because not all of them have good intentions. I blamed myself too. But I learned that the way people treat you is a reflection of their heart. The problem is not me, but what lies within them. I always kept that in mind, it made me understand other people and not let myself be affected with them.

I am afraid of losing people but some of them needs to go so that there is room for the permanent ones to stay. Hugs sis🤗

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words. I really struggle when it comes to the standards and expectations I set for myself. I have been so hurt and ruined before that I am afraid I would put myself on that situation again and suffer.

Fear is part of our evolutionary journey…In today’s world most of our fears are based in psychological creations of our imaginations. Like you I also have fear. Fear of being hurt and left by someone I love, fear of losing my loved ones, fear of heights, and a lot more.

So how did I handle my fear? I do the reciprocal of fear…So since I have a fear of being hurt and left by someone I love, I never attached myself too much to that “someone”…so that when breakup knocks at my door, I can easily move on and go on with my life…unlike today of course because I am already married haha!

I have fear of losing my loved ones…so I never missed any day in video calls with my mom and dad…lastly, I have fear of heights…I tried the longest free fall dropzone in Bukidnon and conquered it! Why am I telling you these stuffs? Because “thinking will not overcome fear, but action will”… Aja!:blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Hi Miss @kianna, we all have battles and struggles in life, and we all feel the same, our struggles are too difficult to overcome. Yes we really do get occupied by the fears we have, our insecurities, our doubts, our uncertainty, our lack of self confidence, all of these things will result in fear. What’s worst is that as human being we will surely fail in attempting to overcome all of these. But luckily for us Christians we have this:

Psalm 56:3-4

3 When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?

Through this and a lot more promises of God in the bible will surely make us victorious with fear. We just have to put our confidence in God and surely He will never fail us. Let’s surrender everything to Him who is able.

1 Like

Thank you so much for that @IamRichardJohn! Yes, no matter how hard it is to battle these things, God is with us. He will be there to guide us. God bless you and thank you for sharing a wonderful bible verse.

1 Like

That is amazing, @MakkaPakka! I salute you for trying the longest free fall dropzone in Bukidnon! That sounded fun, lol would want to try that in the future. Thank you so much for the encouraging words! It is very hard to conquer your fear most especially since it is somewhat a psychological matter like you said, but with God, nothing is impossible! God bless you!

I have so many Fears @kianna, But i can share one of them. I dont want to be alone this is one of my Fear. Because i already feel this one before. I feel like i want to end my life in a few moments of life. I feel like i never had a friends because no one talks to me. But i think of my family and God and decided to overcome my Fear and Put Trust to our Lord Jesus Christ our Savior.

1 Like

@kianna: there is still more that I want to try…the last one I did is tower 1 to tower 2 zipline in Cebu crown regency lol…I am fond of “buwis buhay” kind of stuffs now since I conquered my fear of heights… But therre is actually one fear that I can’t conquer… It’s the zoophobia…I have a great fear for all animals…haha! But anyway, my fear is based on my psychological thinking that is why I have to conquer it! Of course, I have to pray for all my fears to God, so that thru his help I can be as strong as anyone else…:grin:

1 Like

aaaandd @arrol you have us hehe whenever you feel lonely, do not hesitate to talk to us here in the community, we will always try our very best to help you and listen to you. this community has helped me at times when I felt so down, we will always be here ready to listen :blush:

Wow that’s amazing! I haven’t really explored much of Cebu even though it is very near Dumaguete lol. The only place I can remember going was the Simala Shrine and wow it was very beautiful there. It would be nice to try those buwis buhay activities, I feel like it would boost my energy levels. That’s so cool of you trying things that you were once afraid of. Kudos to youu!

@kianna: I’ve been to Simala Shrine too… that is the only place where I ask Mama Mary to help me bear a child… We went there as part of our honeymoon, and I even left a letter there asking for help to have a baby as well as to pray my relationship toward my inlaws haha! So a year after, oir prayer was heard and poof! We have a 2 year old daughter now…

1 Like

Awwe that is so beautiful! Your baby is a gift from God! You are really blessed @MakkaPakka! God knows how much you deserve it and how much you will be a great mother!

@kianna: Being a mother is a constant practice dear hehe…I keep praying to God that I will be a good mother and a good example to my daughter so that when she grows big and became a mother, she can be as like me too or much better than me. It would be a big bonus if I can still see my grandchildren too, if God permits hehe…

1 Like

Hope to see you and your daughter some time soon! I know from my heart your daughter will be as kind as you are! God bless you both!

@kianna: thanks dear! Hopefully we can see each other even if just in Cebu…What do you think?hehe And let’s go together in Simala and Basilica de Santo Niño… I really make it a habit that I will pay a visit to Simala everytime we go home in Philippines. Hopefully next year…Let’s claim it!:blush:

1 Like

Yes!! That would be very nice! Hopefully we will be able to see each other personally and also to the other members here from the Philippines. In God’s perfect timing!

Fear causes us to notice and remember negative of our emotions, which reinforces our sense that the world is a scary place. We can work to change our Fear by deliberately noticing what is positive—the joy we feel when we see someone we love, the pleasure of a sunny day, the beauty in nature, the fun of an outing, the humor in a situation. In my personal behaviours handling fear is difficult. We might be out of control and drown by sadness. It is important to be guided by our friends, parents and fellow worship teams when you feel too much of Fear. Because Fear is inevitable, but it has a good side which to those persons who can handle fear in positive way. Always remember God, grant to us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can,
and wisdom to know the difference. Whatever Fears we might encounter, remember God is with us always. :innocent:

1 Like

Amen! So true, fears will always be there. When you conquer one fear, there will be new ones. No matter how many fears we have, the Lord God is still more powerful! God bless us all!