How do you handle fear?

Hello We can’t handle fear if God is not with us Because we can do nothing in our own self we Need God to fight to that fear so we need to Pray to God to help us overcome our fear and read bible to know God’s word about overcoming fear.

2 Likes

I could not agree more! Life is very hard without God, the past few years where my bond with the Lord was very weak, I could barely handle simple problems. Having God with us will most definitely help us in bettering ourselves. We are beyond blessed having a loving God that boosts us up whenever we are down.

By saying fear, for me it means like worrying too much, social anxiety or intolerance of certain things and people, getting lost, failing over and over again, getting attached with the wrong people, and losing them. These things get in the way of my everyday life and goals.

But as my friends and family always say: But we can use our struggles, we can motivate ourselves and use that as strength to face and overcome our fears. We are in control of the way we look at life: battles, hardships, fears and the unknown. Also, let us always pray. Every time this happens, I pray. I pray for strength to get through it. I pray for the peace of mind so depression and anxiety won’t lurk in. :heartbeat:

1 Like

With the constant help of the Lord God we will truly overcome our fears! Indeed, we control the way we look at life. Instead of seeing our struggles as something that drags us down, it can be something that will mold us to become a stronger and better version of ourselves. :blush:

We can handle fear by facing on it. Be brave be tough for yourself. With God’s help he will help you gone through it, just stick to him and boost your confidence.

1 Like

Hello there, @zayn22! Yes there is no other way than to face it. Overthinking would not help, and what’s there to wait? With God’s help, we can conquer these fears! Thank you so much and God bless you! And yes, always keep safe!

Hello there, dear @kianna
I’m sad to hear your situation, fear is a big word, we feel it everyday because we don’t have control over the things we find on each day. But see, fear is natural and it’s something that we got to live every day. I myself have a lot of fears, particularly the fear of being alone!
To deal with it I challenge those fears constantly, I have had conversations with God about it and I find it the best way to fight it and overcome it. Because there’s no easy solution, that fear will not go from one day to the other, so with God blessing and him on your side you must face that fear! And won against it! I hope you can get better dear @kianna
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

Hello! Thank you so much for the kind and inspiring words, @Luis_Ruiz! Yes, fear really is part of our lives no matter what we do. But of course, nothing is impossible with the Lord God. Hopefully, soon I won’t be hard on myself about these things.God bless you and keep safe!

According to 2 Timothy 1:7 Fear is a “Spirit” which God did not give top us. I know Paul is talking about something different from the normal human emotion of fear, because God DID give THAT to us. What I mean if, he has put the capacity within all of us to have the adrenaline rush that accompanies the fear response whenever we are confronted with a dangerous circumstance. SO, clearly, that is NOT what Paul is talking about. NO, Paul clearly identifies his subject by calling it “the spirit of fear.” So, “Fear” is actually a spiritual entity which God did not give us. Consequently, it is a member of Satan’s army to torment, distract and destroy God’s children. But, as with any spiritual attack, God has given us the ability to fight and defeat that particular enemy any time it shows its ugly face in our lives. If you would like to know more, please text me back and we can go into more detail.

1 Like

Hi, @Craig_Tappe. Wow, okay that was something. Yes, please I would love to know more.

Actually i have a great fear with cats. But the main FEAR that i have in my mind is, what if i could not bear a child.?
But i dont stop asking him for He said ask and it will be given,

As i checking my old daily bread there is a remedy for fear Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord and He heared me , and delivered me from all my fears

The remedy for fear is to trust God. Trust in the Lord is the cure for a fearful spirit.

1 Like

So weird but when I was little I also questioned myself what if I could not bear a child, up until now actually because of my health.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

1 Like

I have health issues re my fertility i have PCOS and asthma, up until today i took a lot of medicines to cure my asthma including steroids, i am also kinda late when i get married i guess hehe
But i know God has a huge plan for me. What is the sense of having ‘’ SARAH’’ in my name if i don’t believe in Jesus that He could give me a child (well for we know Sarah doubted) but God keep his promise to Sarah, so im keeping the faith, im praying for you dear @kianna God bless you always ga,

1 Like

Yes, God has plans for us, Sarah! :blush: I will pray for your health. God bless you always! :heart:

1 Like

Amen @Jojoy what an encouraging verse in the bible, which clearly tells us that we should address and tackle anything that frightens us with confidence. God is giving us the assurance that He will hear us and deliver us from anything and any circumstance that we are afraid of. But what is key here is the phrase “I sought the Lord”, in the (NLT) version is says “I prayed to the Lord”. The passage clearly tells us that for the Lord to hear us, we must not stop praying. This always gives us the upper hand, and will surely give us the win if we earnestly seek and talk to God. Just continue to pray @Jojoy and surely God will give you your bundle of joy, pray without ceasing…

1 Like

Thank you so much for the encouraging words and prayer @IamRichardJohn i know my God will hear my heart’s desire accdg to his will. Me and my husband will continue to pray, as the bible said ask seek knock… And by the help of my family and this community to pray for us i know God will hear us.

Hello there @Jojoy and @kianna …I onced ask myself that too. When I was still single, I have a goal that I should marry by the age of 28…But I get frustrated as I turned 29, 30 and still single. I sincerely prayed to God to be married soon because I am afraid I couldn’t bear a child because of my age and I was so anxious and pressured by the people telling me “you should have a child now coz as you age, you will experience difficulty of bearing a child”… so, by the age of 31 I have a civil marriage…but unable to get pregnant because my husband is an OFW…A lot of questions are formulating in my mind…a lot of “What if I can’t give him a baby, will he left me? Will he be in favor of adopting one?” etc…Fast forward, I lost my hope and lay my worries and anxiety to God…I told him that if it is your will Lord, give me the strength and patience to wait…

At 2017 we married again, and it was a Catholic church wedding this time…We went to Baguio City, prayed in the Cathedral and fly to Cebu and prayed to Simala and Basilica de Santo Niño and after days went home to Davao and packed again my hubby’s things and again back to OFW life and long distance relationship…It was really a hard cycle for both of us…and honestly I lose my hope to bear a child. Until weeks after, I don’t know why on earth I keep on searching for symptoms of being pregnant and even buy pregnancy test…I tested but I never expected it to be positive…To my excitement I bought 5 more pregnancy kits and test it for 5 consecutive days and voila! My daughter is running 3yrs old now by November…:joy:

Lesson learned? “What God has for you, is for you…trust his timing, and trust his plan”…God bless us girls!:wink:

2 Likes

Our Lord God really is powerful than out worries and struggles! :blush: :yellow_heart: That’s such a wonderful testimony of God’s love for us @MakkaPakka!

Yep!! So true! Thank you for this wonderful reminder! I will definitely keep this in mind every day, I have to stop worrying.

this made me cry ( a cry of hope)
actually i have here 2 testing kits, my husband ask me if i already check it since iam 30 days delayed, i told him that iam so scared, —im afraid to have hopes and made him frustrated, but my husband remind me that God is our hope and He knows the best for us.

thank you @MakkaPakka @kianna

1 Like

Yes! God knows what’s best for us! :blush: :yellow_heart: Whenever I feel anxious about something, I always think about this verse:
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.