How to be patient?

How do you guys deal with patience? How do you stay kind and calm when problems are arising and there are people testing you?

Just let them be who they are. Just lower your pride, you’re not the same level as them so just try to calm and live your life to the fullest. Pray also to God to give you more patience. Have a great day.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words, @zayn22. It is sometimes hard for me since I do not want to say any harsh things to them. God bless you!

@kianna To be honest, many people tell me I’m a very patient person. When it comes to people testing me, I would calm myself down by telling myself to be the bigger person. I know it is very hard to control our emotions. I would always remember (Proverbs 16:32) “Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.” and how God did not get angry at others. Patience is indeed a virtue.

1 Like

That is a very huge plus! It is very hard for me to calm down sometimes most especially if I get hurt. What’s even worse is that I overthink and just get mad sometimes. :frowning: Still trying my very best to stay patient! Prayers! :yellow_heart: :pray:

1 Like

Hello @kianna, ive heard a lot that patience is a virtue- and while searching about the word virtue i have red this VIRTUE is a quality of being good- i think this definition i a bit broad or general? being good by what means?. but whatever the definition means, personally, i think when i say being a good person it pertains a bit about our personality and values having a good character… so by these means for some reason being good is sometimes hard to do most especially when the situations is testing your patience… So if this happen take a deep breath pray pray pray “Lord calm me” because if you give in to the testing and burst out. some might question your character… so be calm always even if it is hard t.remember THREE rules 1- stay calm and pray 2-repeat number one 3-repeat number 1 and 2 …PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. GOD bless

1 Like

Hello there! Thank you so much for the very kind and helpful words, @bosch! Yeah, it tests how we react to other people, being good would be treating them with kindness. No matter how hard the situation is, I really salute those people who still remain calm and kind despite everything.

@kianna: Patience, a big challenge that most of us experience every single day. How is it defined? “Patience is an ability to tolerate waiting delay, or frustration without becoming agitated or upset. It is being able to control your emotions or impulses and proceed calmly when faced with difficult or frustrating situations”. Hoooo! It truly takes a lot of time, dedication, and extreme effort to achieve patience. Even I doesn’t master it yet…

So how to be patient? First, we should practice thinking before we speak. Most of the time we blurt out the first thought that comes into our heads without considering the consequences, we became tactless because of our emotions. Second, slow down and take a deep breath in order for you to be calm. And lastly, pray for God’s guidance…

1 Like

Patience means to exercise restraint from anxiety and remain calm in hardships. It is a virtue which enables us to proceed towards worthy goals and remain unaffected by difficult situations.

We are all tested by God with this kind of Behaviour. Right now, with the struggles of this Pandemic and finding vaccines to cure this covid are a test of our patience to remain calm, optimistic, and faithful. Honestly, due to this pandemic there are lots of impatience happened to me, like my anger - it’s really difficult to omit this behaviour when we’re in depression, and very problematic. However, at the end of the expressions God made us realize why we need to be patient. I really amazed how God tested a man to be patient with this patience story:

Hello, dear @kianna
I have always considered myself a very low patience person, I get mad just too easy. But I never explode, this is because I have already the experience and knowledge to know when I’m losing my temper hehe. But my key of success to control myself was easy, I pray, when I’m starting to get mad I pray and talk to God a little. It always helps me and clears my mind of bad thoughts. I advice to you to do it next time!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Very very true! Sometimes, I just can help but get mad because of how people treat me. My emotions get very strong that I just burst into tears sometimes. But I try to calm myself first now.

When I was 19 years old, I was applauded for my unwavering patience. That time I always looked beyond people. My motto was if I show love and compassion, their actions will eventually follow. For years I endured a battered relationship thinking that showing God’s love would lead people to treat us better. I was wrong. I lost myself in the process of trying to change someone’s heart. The experience made me lose my own patience, I began to be pissed off easily. As I go through with life, I discovered new ways to tame my temper but I always fail after a day or two then I realized that there is no better way other than allowing God to enter our hearts again and heal the part that was lost.

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” Ezekiel 36:26

God can remove your defective heart and replace it with grace, truth, love, hope and faith. The beginning of purpose and your destiny begins after a heart transplant. The spirit of God not only has that ability but the commitment to replace the old heart with a new heart. A heart full of joy, peace, mercy and love that will do nothing less but change the world. ~Anonymous

Sometimes it’s difficult to hand over our hearts to our creator, and we wonder where do we start? I am still in battle with patience but I am claiming God’s victory in my life. I know It’s not an overnight process, it takes time. God can hear us clearly even though there are times that we don’t know what to say. I encourage you to take it one day at a time. We can do this!

Source: Walk by FAITH not by SIGHT: Battling with Patience
(This is a blog I started when I was 22 years old. It is where I put my short personal reflections to help some people who are encountering the same struggles as I have.)

1 Like

Ms. @kianna there is no exact formula as to how to take up this problem, to have self control amidst problems and persecutions in life is nearly impossible to attain. Surrounded by people who instead of lifting you up while you are down, to even demoralize you and cast you down. That’s how the world works, that’s how we human beings are, we think highly of ourselves first and disregarding others. A BIG - HOWEVER we are different, the moment we accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior we have been made different. This is what I’m beginning to learn after so many years of being a Christian (I have been so stubborn to have this realization just recently), I am learning to live a God dependent life. Accepting from the bottom of my heart that He is more and I am less is making a big difference on how I handle problems and trials in my life right now. We just have to fill our lives with His presence each and every time, not giving satan any space in us.

1 Like

@kianna dear, “Patience is the practice of maintaining a state of inner ease and resilience especially when the mind wants to force results, rather than remain in flow.”
Patience is the ability to stay calm while we’re waiting for an outcome that we need or want. Sometimes we need patience to deal with circumstances that are beyond our control. The best way to deal with these situations is to focus on something like gratitude. Since gratitude can improve our health, practice thankfulness to counter negative moods and impatience. The next time something isn’t going our way, try to recall and be thankful for all the times things have gone right in the past. It might help.

1 Like

@kianna: that actually happens to me as always…but I really tried to have a constant practice of patience most especially that I have a very annoying daughter at times and an annoying husband too haha! So, I just inhale and exhale; mentally count 1-10, and shout hurray!:joy::joy::joy: they will eventually both keep quiet when they hear me shout that coz they already know I am mad and losing my patience. After that, I pray and thank the Lord for not uttering any bad words. :wink:

1 Like

It is really hard to change someone who does not want to change themselves. :frowning: Yes, I agree with you! Things only get hard when you do not do it with the Lord God. :slight_smile: Thank you so much for the kind and inspiring words! I will definitely check out your blog! :blush: :blush:

True, it is very hard to be with those people who constantly bring you down and those people who chose to not see your worth. :frowning: Truue! The moment we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, everything changes! Thank you so much for that, @IamRichardJohn! God bless you!

1 Like

Hello, @Jean! Thank you so much! Yes, I will really try my very best to thank the Lord God for the goodness and blessings He has showered upon me, rather than dwelling on the negative sign. I bet it will be hard at first, but having the Lord God with me will make things easier. :slight_smile: God bless you!

hello @MakkaPakka! Lol that is honestly the cutest thing I have ever heard! :joy: :joy: Really? That is amazing! Having someone who knows and understands your moods is a blessing! Yes, I really do feel very good whenever I get mad and not say any bad words. I really feel like God is giving me the strength to act as calm as possible, and I love it! :blush: God bless you!

@kianna: It’s not really applicable everyday because sometimes my husband gets mad too especially when he is so tired from work…He transforms like “san-goku” haha! Although he’s practicing patience too because we cannot afford to disappoint our little one. We always make it sure that we can provide the attention and time she wanted as much as possible even how tired we are. Hopefully God always refills our patience everytime we are worn out…:wink:

2 Likes