How to overcome DEPRESSION?

How to overcome DEPRESSION?

In order to overcome depression @zayn22, you have to look as always to the brighter side of your life. Iā€™ve been there too, and until now I am still struggling to fight it but I guess I am slowly overcoming everything.

I read a lot of self help books, do some journal writing about my feelings just to release it, and avoiding negativity to distract me. Lastly, always remember to be grateful as always to the Lord even if you suffer from depression coz it is just a temporary feeling.

1 Like

Taking the first step is always the hardest. But going for a walk or getting up and dancing to your favorite music, for example, is something you can do. And it can substantially boost your mood and energy for several hours. You can also arrange to meet an old friend or a fellow christian and talk about God and the bible. By taking the following small but positive steps day by day, youā€™ll soon lift the heavy fog of depression and find yourself feeling happier, healthier, and more hopeful again.

1 Like

Writing a journal on your daily thoughts. As if you are discussing the thoughts with God. This can help you reflect on your depression and feelings and monitor your sensations throughout the day. Make a goal of writing in your journal at least once a day, preferably in the evenings, when you can wrap up whatever the day brought you. Writing in a journal can make you feel more in touch with your thoughts, less alone, and more aware of the things that make you happy or unhappy.

1 Like

Try your very best to talk to the Lord God! :yellow_heart: Think of your friends and family, ask for their help and guidance too. You are not alone in this battle.

2 Likes

Im not a expert in this depression thing. But i think psychiatrist is not enough to overcome depression. I think the Big factor to overcome this thing is yourself. I always say this life is a choice thats why God is given as a will to choose. So i think you must surround yourself a True Friend not a Good Friend there are big difference on both words. Everybody can be a Good Friend But a True Friend can only be one.

I think I am in this stage right now, I am anxious about almost anything. My temper is really short, I feel terribly tired and it is impossible for me to get 8 straight hours of sleep. I am still thinking about what could have been my life if I have done or I have not made those decisions I made. What Iā€™m doing now is, I do pray a lot. I read Godā€™s word as often as I could, listen to the word of God. It is helping me become better, I am learning to be humble in dealing with my families struggles, humble in a sense that I recognize that I am not in control even if I am the head of my family. I accept to myself that God holds everything, without Him my life is empty. I am not saying that my life will now be perfect, what Iā€™m trying to point out is that we should allow God to be in control and the rest will follow.

1 Like

@IamRichardJohn: I may not be the right person to tell you this, but I guess you have to leave all your baggages to God. You might can say that it is easy for me to say that because I am not in your shoes, but take it positively as like this: God let it happened coz he wanted you to trust him more when it comes to your financial statusā€¦Just simply let it go and as time heals everything will be back to you according to his willā€¦:blush:

1 Like

@zayn22 Depression is not a joke. Its management depends on each personā€™s ability to cope. Itā€™s important that we have a ā€œgo to personā€ to vent out our feelings with. Personally, I start with assessing myself. I usually go to our garden to reflect on the root cause of the depression. It helps when we are aware from where it started and admit your feelings before God or your ā€˜go to personā€™. Release your confined emotions. Crying helps because it cleanses our hearts.

1 Like

Hello, dear @zayn22
I donā€™t know if itā€™s something happening to you or family or friends, but donā€™t loose faith and hope. Thatā€™s the more important thing.
Itā€™s a process, having depression has no easy or magical fix. Being seriously depress can be pretty damaging to any person life.
You always have to look for the bright side of life, the little things even if tiny have meaning and have a meaning that has been put there by God so you can see the truth. The truth that heā€™s there, once you recognize it, you must look for him, praying and changing your routine, be it working, going to therapy, your food habits, you have to work to try to feel happy and talk to God about it. He will do the rest for you. Remember this image:

Iā€™ll pray for you.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

1 Like

@zayn22 When youā€™re depressed, you canā€™t just will yourself to snap out of it. Depression drains your energy, hope, and drive, making it difficult to take the steps that will help you to feel better. Sometimes, just thinking about the things you should do to feel better, like exercising or spending time with friends, can seem exhausting or impossible to put into action.

Personally, learning and discovering things helped me a lot to get better. Though, I am still struggling with sleep. This pandemic was really hard for me. I feel empty and sad always. But slowly, I tried to fight it by doing simple things such as learning and cooking new recipes I learned thru Youtube, growing indoor plants, talking to my family, chit chat with friends and prayers. Also, joining our faith pixel community is a life changing decision.

Taking the first step is always the hardest. But going for a walk or getting up and dancing to your favorite music, or pick up the phone to call a loved one for example, is something you can do right now. And it can substantially boost your mood and energy for several hoursā€”long enough to put a second recovery step into action, such as preparing a mood-boosting meal or arranging to meet an old friend. By taking the following small but positive steps day by day, youā€™ll soon lift the heavy fog of depression and find yourself feeling happier, healthier, and more hopeful again.

I agree! But sometimes it is so hard to find the right person to vent out toā€¦Usually when my depression and anxiety strikes, I easily grab a paper or my journal and write a prayer to God. He is the first person that I run to everytime I am feeling downā€¦I write everything to my journal, telling him why I am upset, why am I anxious, and how can I overcome my depressionā€¦Sometimes if prayers and talking to God doesnā€™t work because I am over eaten of my thoughts, I ask my husband for a picnic or a beach holidayā€¦:blush:

True Sir @Luis_Ruiz! Itā€™s really hard having this kind of feelingā€¦ No wonder there are some people commit suicide because they can no longer control their emotions. Even if I have depression and anxiety, I am glad that I am not a suicidal kind of personā€¦I just accept it as a challenge because maybe, I need to learn something from it. Thanks for sharing the image Sir, Iā€™ll have it as my bookmarkā€¦:blush:

1 Like

Hello @zayn22 We face challenges too. We deal with depression too. We fight the same battles too. We cry at night as well. A lot.ā£ And the difference is, weā€™re not fighting alone. We have a God whoā€™s on our side fighting with us when weā€™re running out of ourselves.ā£
we endure the same challenges together and thatā€™s how we grow.ā£ We grow each day through the process of pain and loss. We overcome by grace and by the words of our testimonies.ā£ Itā€™s the grace of God that makes it easier. Itā€™s the goodness of God thatā€™s helping us endure our battles.ā£ Depression is real. And so is God. ā£
Anxiety is real. And so is hope.ā£Glory comes after the suffering. Joy comes after every battle.ā£ ā€œFor I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.ā€ (Romansā€¬ ā€­8:18ā€¬)ā£ Keep pressing on. Keep enduring. Keep fighting the good fight of faith. ā£God has got your back. Itā€™s important to keep that in mind.ā£

1 Like

This is really true @Jean! That feeling wherein you donā€™t want to do something but you have toā€¦like cooking, doing the chores etc. Youā€™re feeling weak each and everyday, but you have no choice but to do the things that you must do; especially that I have a daughter to look up toā€¦ But slowly I guess I am in the road to recoveryā€¦like what you said, I also make myself busyā€¦I do cooking, baking, reading self help books, water our plant veggies, and enrolling to some free online coursesā€¦Somehow, it works! The only problem is my sleeping disorder heheā€¦

I do that before. I write everything that upsets me to God while listening on worship songs. Its very therapeutic! A picnic or the beach sounds good for taking our minds off of things. The gift of nature really helps us renew our minds and make Godā€™s loving words be known to us.

1 Like

@kbadum: I am still doing it as of today tooā€¦ but the beach thing is seldomā€¦We are almost 5 hours away from the beach and we only go there as a last resort if I am still not feeling better hehe! The good thing about writing your thoughts is that, you can think and reflect of the things that you have done, and the once that you shouldnā€™t doneā€¦

Hello sir @IamRichardJohn! How are you now? Whenever you need someone to talk to, we, in this community are ready to listen to you. I have been on that path too and honestly, this community has helped me a lot. And of course, never forget to pray and talk to the Lord God, that has made the biggest impact in my depression.

1 Like

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka
Donā€™t thank me for that hehe. I will pray for you too my friend, remember God is alwayas there for you, talk to him tell him how you feelā€¦ Sometimes we think we need to find someone to listen us, but we only need is someone to hear! And who better than our Father?
Be strong and wise.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

1 Like

A blessed day to you Ms. @kianna, by the grace and mercy of God Iā€™m doing well. Thank you so much for the encouragement maam, indeed this group is helping me a lot. Being a part of a community who relies on the faithfulness of the Lord is a big blessing. As simple as being able to share my struggles in life right now is a very big relief and to know that I am being prayed for by my brothers and sisters is really such a blessing from God. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in this community, lets continue to encourage and strengthen one another through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Like