This truth hit me like Thor's Hammer

Reflection from David Chang

In my devotional today, this truth hit me like Thor’s Hammer

God is the Lord of time. Time belongs to Him, not me; it’s in His control, not mine.

If there is one thing to take away from the pandemic, if I come out of the whole ordeal alive and well, it is that time is limited. No one knows how long they have left.

Believe, if you still doubt
Love, if you’re still lukewarm
Serve, if you’re still occupied with the busyness of the world

In the limited time that we have been gifted, let’s remember our creator while we’re still young.

Prayer: God please have mercy on us, give us more time on Earth that we may bear fruits, and fulfill the calling You have placed on our lives. In Jesus Name, Amen.

2 Likes

As I read this reflection from David, I remember the scenarios I have been through last few days…I unconsciously hold a knife wanting to end the pain I feel, but not really wanting to die…It made me realize that, who am I to take my life away that is given by God…So this verse reminds me that, a lot of people are struggling to live because they don’t want to die…I should have that kind of spirit, so that I can fulfill my mission while I am still alive…

1 Like

When i heard this saying " Serve God while you still Can"
Yeah its true. We didn’t know when the Lord will take our Life according to his Plan to us. So serve Him with all of your heart and all of your soul and all of your strength.

Colossians 3:23-24
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.

1 Like

Hello, dear @FaithinGod
I loved this reflection by David. We forget this fact, we believe we can manage time, and sadly no we can’t. We don’t even know hoe much we have, we only know that it passes. Every second has gone long when we think about it. Because of this reason we must strive to accomplish and live to the fullest, work, live, enjoy, pray, anything. Always by the God ruling, but why wait? Act and don’t wait for tomorrow!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

2 Likes

May we all let God control our life and bring us to heaven. We shall serve God until the end of our time because we owe God everything we have. God created us with His own hands and we should always be thankful no matter what life throws us. He is our God and our faith should be strong enough to fight our battles. We still have a mission to fulfill. Do not give up!

1 Like

True, no one knows exactly when our lives are going to end. Just yesterday a family friend of ours just died. It saddens me seeing his family crying and not being able to have enough time to fix those problems they had. Live life with God and according to God’s word while you still can.

@FaithinGod i really love this, need to teach yourself to Believe, Love and Serve
let me add some verses regarding Believe Love and Serve

BELIEVE
Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

LOVE
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

SERVANTS OF GOD
2 Corinthians 6:4
but in everything commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in hardships, in distresses

God bless us all!

1 Like

This is the reality of today, this pandemic forced us to realize a lot of things. And one of the hardest realization to swallow is that we are never in control of our lives. Because in the recent times we are always encouraged to make a brave move and take a stand that we are in control of our lives. But God is proving us wrong, yes God is allowing us to take control but not with our lives, it is taking control of who we trust with our lives. God wants us to take a stand and focus on Him whenever we feel tempted to trust others, reject the temptation and let God take control.

2 Likes

This pandemic has opened our eyes and let us appreciate the little things in life. Today and even when the pandemic is over, may we always choose to enjoy every seconds and live our lives to the fullest. Choose kindness everyday. Choose to bring people up instead of tearing them down. Choose hustle over laziness. Choose to create opportunities than just to wait for things to happen. Choose to learn from failure than not to try at all. Choose to trust in God than just give up. Choose love over hatred. Choose to be brave than to fear. Choose God above everything else.

2 Likes

@Jean i totally agree with you, we are troubled in what is really happening especially this pandemic situation. But God is in control. He knows everything, he is in control when will this be end and he knows whats best for us.
Just like what the old hymn says

“When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”

1 Like

Amen to that word. One of the greatest rewards that we ever receive for serving God is the permission to do still more for Him. So many times we say that we can’t serve God because we aren’t whatever is needed. We’re not talented enough or smart enough or whatever. But if you are in covenant with Jesus Christ, He is responsible for covering your weaknesses, for being your strength. He will give you His abilities for your disabilities

1 Like

love it. I wish to be a good girl of the Lord Jesus as you wish do. How he loves me and I will love him and whom he loves same.

1 Like

Hello, dear @Maya
It’s nice to see you back since so much time has passed! If you are still on quarantine try to spend time over here, it’s a good place to share your faith and make good friends.
I like how you say it, to be a good girl, that’s what God wants! Because being like that will only get you happiness!
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero.

I always do spread kindness the best way I can @Jean, but in the long run you will encounter a very abusive person… Like what happened last 3 days ago…we have a neighbor whom we showed kindness who became abusive to us…she gets everything in our garden without thinking we haven’t have our part yet…we are the one planting and she’s the one harvesting…even if you say that is for sale, she will not listen and it is already 3 days in a row she keeps coming back…I was so angry because the reason we planted it is in order to have our own veggies for consumption…what happened is, we are the one unable to reap what we sow…:pensive:

@MakkaPakka I understand that we are in the midst of crisis, and it’s okay to share our blessings to others especially to those less fortunate. But being greedy is a sin. It is never right to take advantage of people’s kindness or situation. I know we should love our neighbors just like God loves us. Maybe you or your husband should talk to her one on one because this is a serious matter. There’s nothing wrong about giving. If she refuse to correct her ways, maybe you could just do something like provide a fence for your garden to secure your crops. Sometimes you need to be selfish for a good reason. It isn’t always bad especially when you’re in this situation. God bless you more.

1 Like

True @Jean…we really do share our blessings especially our harvest to some Filipinos here but this one neighbor I am pertaining about is different… after we showed kindness to her, she keeps coming back and get unlimited supply…I hate demanding people…that kind of people who consistently ask “do you have beans? Do you have eggplant? Do you have ginger? Can I have some of this and that?” My point is, can you just wait if we will give you, this is our garden! So what I did is, I keep my distance to her…I really don’t want parasite kind of people…I may run selfish, but honestly it is so annoying to encounter such behavior… May the spirit of respect run thru her blood…tsk!

Is she a Filipina? oh well. I guess some of the toxic traits are still there… Respect should be earned not given. More patience @MakkaPakka. I used to tell my friends that cutting off someone who is toxic in your life isn’t selfish. It’s for your peace of mind. You can apply this to your situation right now, cause you should prioritize yourself and your family first because the main reason you decided to do gardening is to have your own supplies and food for survival. Did you speak to her again and maybe advise her to make her own garden? So both of you can enjoy your own supplies.

Yes @Jean she is a Filipina from Silang Cavite…I really do hate people taking advantage to others effort… I told her we will be replanting because we will gonna sell our veggies to other Filipinas too… Her answer was "basta ako hihingi lang ako (I will not buy, I will just ask)…I really hate that kind of people… Honestly, we are not selfish, we always give some of our veggies to others too…it’s just that I hate her for being demanding…she keeps calling when she needs okra, string beans, chillies, squash, ginger etc…I already give her seeds, but she still keeps on coming back and keep harvesting what she wants…:pensive::pensive::pensive:…The next time she will come here, I will really confront her; for me to have a peace of mind too…

Well it’s a little bit annoying to hear “basta ako hihingi lng ako” Since you already gave her seeds, why not plant them so she can also have her own supplies? The next time she comes to harvest, try to talk to her again. I believe every problems has a solution. I hope she don’t get offended hehe. And this time both of you would be able to resolve the conflict and would still remain friends or at least civil to each other. Maybe it’s still possible to love your neighbors after all. Be honest about how you truly feel so she might be able to understand where you’ re coming from. Choose kindness hehe.

Haha @Jean…very annoying! Most especially if your effort are not noticed…we don’t use hose when watering the plants, we use pail…we buy fertilizers, we buy seeds to plant, we buy chemicals for weeds etc…I am really waiting for her to come because it is almost 2years that she’s been doing that to us and I am overly feed up of her very demanding gestures… I keep praying everyday that she will realize what she have done…we haven’t even ask any favor from them…but they already abused us many times…like asking as to buy like this and that without paying the desired amount…letting us go to somewhere 2 hours away from us to send the balikbayan box without offering us gasoline allowance and a lot more…I seldom rant actually, but this is the worst feeling and neighbor I ever encounter…no one in the Philippines ever done this to me to be honest…hehe…after all, time will heal…hopefully she will no longer abuse my goodness.