What simple joys do you regularly have in your life?

What simple joys do you regularly have in your life?

3 Likes

Hello, dear @MakkaPakka,
I like these questions, as it helps me to think about something new to thank the Lord.
Today thinking about it, a simple joy I have is any interaction with my cat, she’s a house cat and a very loving one.
I thank God having her, because there’s an special thing about animals, their affection is truly pure and I love her a lot, especially because she is the first pet my parents really liked.
Kind regards, Luis Guerrero

Thinking about the simple joys in life includes being able to wake up in the morning wherein I can hear the birds are chirping, not worrying about the food that will be served in our table and having the freedom to pursue my dreams. All of these simple things made my heart more grateful to God because through him I am able to experience all of these :smiley:

Simple as being with your love ones. Makes your day happy and beautiful. They are our pride. Standing beside or together with them keeps you strong. Have faith with them. With the guidance of the Lord you and your family will be blessed. Stay complete and and enjoy life. Live your life to the fullest.

@Luis_Ruiz: my daughter loves any kind of animals too and we are so opposite! Well, my simple joys is actually arranging and re-arranging my books once in a while, the flower that I planted is blooming now for the first time, and beginning to love cooking even if it is not my forte.:grin:

@iona090: Very true! We have lots of things to be grateful for each and everyday. Thanks for sharing your thoughts @iona090 :blush:

1 Like

@zayn22: At this moment of time we are blessed if we have our family beside us in times of crisis like we are experiencing today… Let us be thankful for the gift of family even if sometimes we quarreled with our siblings, have misunderstandings most of the time…but that’s what family is…we argue, we fight, we love again…:blush:

Simple joys such as knowing that my sisters and mother confide with me anything and that they’re confident in doing so because they know I will listen to them. I love serving as someone who listens to them because this way, I get to learn more about them. And what is a day simply waking up without learning anything new? That’s how it’s like to me. I enjoy learning and will enjoy it as long as I can learn.

“An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.”
-Proverbs 18:15 ESV

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Apr…It’s nice to know that you have a close family ties with your mom and sisters. Continue being a good listener to everyone… God bless you!

I am easily contented with whatever, things I have. Simple food, shelter, clothing, good health. Contentment is the key to happiness.
1 Timothy 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
One of the simple joys in life that I can no longer do during this quarantine period is cycling. I love to bike, especially in off road areas where you can see the beauty of nature, relax under a tree and feel the gentle breeze.

@yevillanueva: true! What I really miss is going to the park for a walk or go on fishing too. Let’s just pray Covid19 will be gone soon so we could do the usual things that we do too…

Hi ! @MakkaPakka
Simple joys like going to work, meeting some of my friends, and cooking a delicious food every morning are some of it.
Having to have those things are meaningful for me because despite this crisis I still found a way to put a smile on my face.
Not all people can find joy in simple things, especially when everything around them is chaotic, so I am grateful, every single day I am.

Good to hear that @Jedidiah…I am beginning to enjoy cooking too😁… You are right, lucky are we who can still smile and have some joy in simple things, because a lot of people now especially those who are in poverty are worried on how to sustain for their daily needs.

1 Like

I am very much thankful I get to share the Lord God’s word to my loved ones. To be able to touch someone’s heart and let their bond be closer and stronger with the Lord just melts my heart! I have felt the strong love of God! I was in a very bad state before, now, I have a very strong relationship with God. And ever since that, blessings come, happiness, and just the feeling of being thankful and blessed everyday!

My simple joys in my life number 1 is my family. Because they are my strengths they inspired me to go in this life. 2nd One is eating a strawberry cheesecake ice cream, i love this . The first bite is one of the best moment summer feels baby ^_^.
3rd one but i think this is not simple but again it gives me joy, The blessings of our Lord God Everyday. He bless more than enough.

1 Like

Thank you for this, @MakkaPakka because I get to recall the blessings the Lord has given me. My simple joys include feeding and playing with my dogs because it really makes me happy, waking up in the morning and having food to eat. I really am grateful to the Lord because each day I wake up, I feel contented with life.
We thank the Lord for showering us with blessings and to continue showering us with His goodness. Amen.

1 Like

This is the second time @arrol made me hungry lol :joy: :joy: It’s 12 midnight and now I’m craving strawberry cheesecake ice cream haha. Anyways, I love how you appreciate that simple joy in your life! Most people don’t really see how much joy a certain food is giving them once they no longer have it. God bless you!

@arrol: Thanks for sharing your simple joys and continue to be grateful each and everyday because focusing on what you lack and what you think you need can make you miserable…Lately, I find simple joy in baking, cooking, and making DIYs at home :grin:…Maybe next time, I will try making my own strawberry cheesecake ice cream that you’re talking after winter. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Hi there @hbbm14…I want to share with you this quote “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things.” -Robert Brault-
Thank you for sharing your simple joys…I know there is still a lot in your list :blush:…continue to be grateful each and everyday and always try to fill it with happy moments and exclude dull ones. Nice day ahead! :wink:

1 Like

I like the thought that our simple joys which we regularly have in life is when Jesus woke up us everyday. It’s really a blessed joy, knowing you can face the world again. As living in a simple life with complete family and being together in the mini-house is a great joy that I really want to have. And Jesus give me this word: John 16:22 22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.