What will you do if you can't see hope in your life?

Sometimes I feel it’s too difficult to change myself. When I see my same sin again and again, I lost the hope to the future. I will pray to God and ask His help, and He is so nice, always try to comfort me and give me His words to encourage me. Thank you, dear Lord.

I will talk with my friends when I feel my life is hopeless, they always can listen to me and give me comfort and advice. We also pray together. I believe the real hope is form God. He has given His only son to us and give us the promise of eternal life. Thank God.

1 Like

I will go to pray, cry in front of God.

I think at that time I already no power, I need my church members and my pastor support me. I need to go to church.

I think we always can have hope in God. And God always gives us hope. When I don’t have hope in my life, first I will check my thoughts. Normally, there must be some lies and wrong things in my hearts. I need to pray to Holy Spirit and let me to see my wrong thoughts and have faith in God and think in God’s perspective. I don’t want to be cheated by Satan with the same lie. So I feel it’s very important to listen to God’s words, and check our thoughts.

2 Likes

When something bad happens in our life, don’t respond by arguing with God or rebelling against Him.Instead, trust God to keep His promise to use all circumstances - including the bad ones - to accomplish good purposes in our life. Remember that God is perfect, so He can’t make any mistakes, and whatever He chooses to do is for a good purpose. If He has allowed something difficult to happen to us, there’s a reason.

Whenever your sense of hope starts running out, ask God to renew you with a fresh dose of hope so you can continue to faithfully deal with the difficult situations that come your way. Be confident that at the right time, God will reward you for your faithfulness if you don’t give up your faith in the middle of challenging circumstances. Count on God to give you more hope whenever you ask Him for it.

Remember all that awaits us in heaven at the end of our life here on Earth. Let the anticipation of the wonderful experiences we’ll have in heaven motivate us to meet our current challenges with the hope, which will lead to the strength we’ll need to get through any situation. As we think about heaven, focus our mind on what truly matters and let distractions go so we can live life to the fullest right now.

No matter what kind of situation you may find yourself facing, don’t be afraid, because God will always be with you and have your best interests in mind since He loves you. Whenever feelings of hopelessness creep into your life, turn to God for the help you need to overcome them and successfully navigate your circumstances.

Sometimes we feel hopelss, it’s because the things do not run as we expect. But keep in mind that, because of our limited perspective on life compared to God’s unlimited perspective, sometimes we ask God for something that seems good but can actually harm us. Trust in the fact that God knows what we need to have the life that brings us the greatest good.

Ask God to bring your desires in line with His will for you.

I will come to God and pray more earnestly, then wait for God’s work.

Read Romans 8 and remember that God loves me and that he already has a plan for me. So even a dry stretch right now is just one step on the way to a much better future he has in store. And then I pray that His word can give me new hope and strength.

Look at God only and ask him to give you strength. It sounds like very simple answer but this is the wonderful way to be connected to God. God is Living God and God will definately listen your prayer and response to you in His way. :slight_smile:

Be patient, pray and wait.

There was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe if Asher who was recorded in Luke 2:36. She waited until she was 84 and finally she saw the Messiah.

Even in a despairing situation, I believe God knows everything in my life and he has a beautiful plan for me.

I try to remember the grace God gave me. Through this I will be empowered.
And also I will tell God my feeling and what happened to me. God will comfort me and give me answer.
I will talk to friend as well.

I’m shocked that no one has yet written “that’s because you/we cannot change ourselves!” It is “God who changes us!” We cannot do this alone, meaning, without God.

Talk to all the human beings you want. That is not what God wants. His ways are higher than our ways, His thoughts, higher than our thoughts.

Isaiah 55:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

When you see the same sin you do again and again, ask Christ who is your Savior (or should be) to help you to stop doing that sin. Do not give up. That part I agree with. We are to pray unceasingly, have faith in the Lord of our Salvation, Jesus Christ and to pick up our own crosses (the groans of ‘oh no, I sinned yet again’) and FOLLOW Him!

Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

If you wish to know what God wants for you, go to His Word, the Holy Bible, not human beings who all fall short of the glory of God just as you and I do.

Once you are right with God, then go walk with your brothers and sisters in Christ both to be refreshed, but also to give them refreshment and the good news of who our Savior is.

May God bless you. The fact that you have given up trying to change yourself is the beginning of dying to self and now you can turn to God, for He is faithful and will forgive you all your sins and if you keep reading His Word, He will bless you and fill the desires of your heart that are in line with His Will.

1 Like

I honestly cry my heart out to the Lord. I pray and tell Him what bothers me. I grew up having little to no friends. I have literally no one to talk to when I am sad, I have friends whenever I am in a good mood but I am not that comfortable with anyone when it comes to talking about my problems. So whenever I feel like hope is gone, I cry to the Lord and ask for strength and guidance.

Whenever I feel down, I always recall everything good that happened to me. I talk to God and tell Him everything I’m feeling because it makes me feel better. He gave me everything that I need and I am thankful for Him. I would always believe that there are better days coming.

I really appreciate every words you have shared. Especially this thoughts of God:

Isaiah 55:8-9 New International Version (NIV)

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.

“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

These only says that whatever thoughts comes in our mind like the question: ‘’ What will you do if you can’t see hope in your life?" we should remember that there is above Higher than what we’re thinking. He (Jesus) is capable of everything we feel.

Sometimes we feel lost and broken. We feel all hope is gone and find that we have no reason to live anymore. By this thinking lets also give ourselves a realization: What do we do in such situations to keep yourself motivated? This is important so that we can move forward in life and have hope to our daily task. In other situation like the lost of our loveones in the family, maybe we ask God: I do a lot devotions, prayers and other religious gatherings but still why I didn’t receive hope for my loveones. In this kind of situation we really need to accept that God is in control and there are a lot reasons behind.

I like this lines I’ve read:

The determination should not give up… The yearning should not stop

No matter if the destination is difficult to find …No matter if the shore does not seem clearly …No matter if the heart is lonely

Even if the path is filled with difficulties, We still have to walk on it . Even if the evening hides the sun of happiness, The night of grief will definitely pass away.

This season of grief will change… Determination will overcome all difficulties …There will be a new dawn.

If kindness will be shown to us, We shall recieve sunlight even in shade I pray to God, That our destination should get us.

May the courage remain in every difficulty… May the promise be fulfilled …May the love live long

Always remember that is good to be hopeful in every situation even good or bad. Because it may help us to live in positivity in the future. :blush: Thanks to you @Sunami_Carpenter. You gave me strength with your thoughts.